0.4

For the next week Luke repeated his actions and went clubbing with his friend Ashton every night.

Their other 2 friends, Michael and Calum, had been studying and didn't feel like going out that much.

But, Michael and Calum also had girlfriends who didn't like them going out that much without them, which they respected.

Luke had not had sex with anyone else since Carmen, and he was getting a little frustrated.

He wanted to go out again tonight but to a different city, thinking he would have better luck somewhere else.

Ashton was driving and stopped at a gas station to get some snacks for the drive even though it was just under an hour.

Luke pumped gas and checked Twitter while he did so.

"Excuse me, sir?" A girls voice made him look up from his phone.

"I was wondering if you could give me a ride?" Her words were rushed and she kept looking over her shoulder.

She had short brown hair that came to about her shoulders. She had brown eyes that looked bloodshot, and her makeup free face had a little dirt on it.

Luke looked at her clothes and realized her jeans were ripped and her shirt was just a tanktop that was also ripped.

She had a few bruises on her arms as well as dirt. She just looked all out of sorts and Luke couldn't help but feel bad, and a little sketched out, but mostly bad for this young girl.

"It's my friends car so you'll have to ask him when he comes back, but he shouldn't have a problem with it. Where are you headed?" Luke asked, then looked behind him to see that Ashton was at the checkout counter.

The girl shrugged. "Anywhere but here."

Luke nodded and looked her up and down again. "How old are you?"

The girls posture changed, she seemed more guarded. She crossed her arms over her chest like she was hugging herself. "18."

Ashton walked up and looked at the two conversing and was confused.

"I'm Ashton, and you are?" He asked the disheveled girl, holding out his hand for her to shake.

She took it and shook his hand. "Lucilia, but you can call me Lola."

Ashton nodded and opened his car door. "Lola, hm."

"Hey, I was wondering if I could get a ride? Literally to anywhere but here. I just need to leave, please. I don't have any money but I can pay for it eventually." Lola said to Ashton, trying to convince him to take her.

Ashton looked at Luke who shrugged.

"Yeah, sure. You don't need to pay for anything though." Ashton said as he pushed up the seat for Lola to climb in the back.

She quickly did, nearly knocking Ashton out of the way.

Luke and him exchanged a glance, both of them shrugging it off.

Luke finished pumping the gas and climbed in the passenger side while Ashton started the car and kept driving towards the city.

"Well, wait, shouldn't we just go home?" Luke asked, turning down a Green Day song that filled the car.

"Why?" Ashton asked, quite oblivious.

Luke pointed towards Lola who was intently listening to their conversation. "She doesn't have anywhere to go and if we go to the city she can't come with us. She'll be stranded."

Ashton thought about it for a moment.

"Lola, do you have anywhere to go?" Ashton asked the scared looking girl.

Lola shook her head no, hoping Ashton could see her from the rear view mirror, which he could.

"If you don't mind me asking," Luke started, turning around in his seat to look at Lola. "What happened? Why are you all dirty and bruised?"

Lola took in a deep breath before closing her eyes and thinking of a way to phrase the events that took place just an hour before.

"I lived with my boyfriend, since my parents died last year, and he became abusive recently." Lola paused, knowing that was a lot of information to process. "He asked me to do some things that I didn't want to do and wasn't comfortable doing. I said no a lot and he didn't like that, so he hurt me and I ran away. He said he would find me so I just kept running until I couldn't anymore and now I'm here with you guys."

Luke and Ashton were confused, hurt and angry.

What kind of man lays a hand on a girl? A man wouldn't do that.

They were sad because of what this girl had gone through. She seemed to have it so rough.

"Ashton just head home, we can go out another night." Luke said and Lola felt bad.

"No, I don't want to get in the way of your plans. Just drop me off somewhere in the city. I'll be okay." Lola said very unconvincingly.

Luke shook his head. "No way, you've been through enough. You can stay with me tonight, alright? And you need to get cleaned up as well."

Lola nodded. "Thank you," She realised she didn't know his name.

"Oh, Luke." He said, extending his arm out to shake her hand.

Lola shook his hand and nodded. "Thank you, so much."

Lola was so incredibly grateful for Luke and his friend.

She laid down in the back seat, also thankful for a decent sleep, even if it was in a cramped car that smelled like tacos.

Luke smiled at the sleeping girl and felt at peace while he watched her sleep, hoping she would be okay.