0.5

Luke carried Lola up the three flights of stairs and into his flat. She had been sleeping and Luke didn't want to wake her; he knew she needed sleep.

To Luke's liking, Calum wasn't home.

Lola had started to wake up as Luke set her down on his black leather couch.

"Can-" Lola's voice was raspy so Luke got her some water.

She looked at him as he sat on the coffee table in front of her.

Lola cleared her throat after she drank the water. "Can I take a shower?"

Luke nodded and reached for her hand, leading her to the bathroom.

He sat her on the counter while he turned the shower on and got her out a towel and a washcloth.

He also brought her in one of his tshirts and a pair of clean boxers that she could change into when she was done.

Lola thanked him and looked in the mirror after he left.

She looked so battered and dirty.

She couldn't believe she ran away from her boyfriend, well, ex-boyfriend.

She tore her eyes away from the mirror, hating the broken girl looking back at her, and climbed into the hot shower, ridding her of all the awful things that had happened in the past 24 hours.

While she did that, Luke changed into his pajamas that really only consisted of a pair of boxers.

Luke thought about Lola a great deal while she was showering, but not how he usually thinks of girls.

He felt bad for her. He hated that she had to go through this at such a young age.

Luke thought about how he mistreated girls, but he never had abused one, and he couldn't image ever doing it.

He wanted to get Lola help, and he wanted to get to know her some so that maybe she could stay with him and Calum while she gets back on her feet.

Lola strolled into Lukes room, her hands across her chest like she was hugging herself.

"Is there a washer for my clothes?" She was speaking barely above a whisper, but Luke still understood her.

Luke nodded. "Yeah, I'll show you where it is."

He got up off his bed and walked out of his room, waiting as Lola went back to the bathroom to get her things.

She followed him to the door directly across from the bathroom she was just in. The living room seperated it, but it was still a mere 15 feet away.

Luke stopped in front of the two doors that were in front of them.

"This," Lukes voice was low as he pointed to the door on the right. "Is Calum's room, he's my roommate. This," He pointed to the door on the left that was a foot away from Calums. "Is the laundry room and also where we keep the cat food."

Lola looked around quickly. "You have a cat?"

Luke tilted his head for a moment before he opened the door. "No."

Lola was very confused, as was Luke.

The realization hit him that they would buy catfood every few months with no cat to feed. Where did the other bags go? Why did they need to keep buying them?

Luke showed Lola how to work the washer and dryer, and even though she already knew how, she let Luke explain.

They put her clothes through and walked back towards Lukes room.

"I didn't have time to wash my sheets or anything, but I did just wash them on Sunday and no one but me has been in them since," Luke scratched his chin. "So yeah, are you alright with that?"

Lola nodded, chewing on her lip as she stared at the bed.

She was ready to sleep and Lukes bed looked so inviting.

"Okay, well I'll be on the couch if you need anything," Luke grabbed a pillow of his and a blanket he kept in the closet. "Just make yourself at home or you know, make yourself as comfortable as possible."

Luke felt dumb, he told her to make herself at home. Her home life was awful. He couldn't believe he just did that.

Lola noticed as Luke muttered to himself, calling himself stupid. She heard the comment he made but knew he didn't mean it, or wasn't thinking properly, so she didn't hold it against him. She knew he was trying to be a really nice guy, and she was so grateful for that.

Luke was closing the door right as Lola stepped towards him. "Luke?"

He looked at her, happy to hear her speak.

"Thank you, I mean, really.." Lola looked around. "Thank you so much."

Luke nodded. "You're welcome." He smiled at her and closed his bedroom door so that Calum wouldn't see her in there when he got up in the morning.

Luke made himself as comfortable as he could on the hard, rectangular leather couch, and went to sleep thinking of Lola and how he could help her out to make her feel safe in a world she's grown used to be terrified in.

"Dude," Calum hit Luke in the face with his pillow.

Luke fell off the couch, nearly hitting his head on the coffee table.

"What was that for?" He groaned as he stood up, rubbing his elbow that hit the hard wood.

Calum walked over to the fridge and nodded towards Lukes room. "Why aren't you in your room?"

Luke walked up to Calum and took the orange juice out of his hands and began to drink it.

"There's a girl in there," Luke started and Calum gasped.

"And you're not sleeping in there with her? Are you okay?" Calum playfully put the back of his hand to Lukes forehead to make sure he wasn't running a fever.

Luke swatted Calums hand away and set his glass down on the counter.

"Yes, I'm fine. Ashton and I met her at a gas station last night. She came stumbling out of the woods and asked if we could help her out, take her anywhere but where she was. Some bad things happened to her and she was pretty beat up, so I said she could crash here." Luke finished the orange juice and looked at Calum. "Hey, would it be cool if she stayed her for a few more days? I'll pay for her food and everything."

Calum nodded. "'Course she can."

Luke walked over to his door to wake Lola up before remembering something.

"Hey," Luke said to Calum, who turned around to face the tall blonde. "Did you know that we don't have a cat?"

Calum made a face of utter confusion. "Then what the hell do we keep buying cat food for?"

//

helo I updated

its been a month

oops

but anyway thanks for all the reads and votes, hope u guys like this chapter!!

the real story and plot is takin off!!!