20: Two For The Show

(Outfit above)

*3 weeks later*

"Remember me? Dalaina Walker. We met two weeks ago." A woman with light brown hair and brown eyes said while shaking my hand.

"Lizzie Grant. Of course I remember you. I've seen you a couple times now," I smiled at her and shook her hand.

She laughed. "I heard you're looking for a manager?" She asked while taking a drag of her cigarette. We were sitting in a local bar in downtown LA. Elvis was wrapping up filming Love Me Tender. His co-star Nikki and I were good friends now.

We were leaving for Tupelo soon for Elvis to do a concert in his hometown.

"Yeah, I am." I said taking a drink of my Mountain Dew.

She grinned. "Well, you're in luck. I happen to be a manager." She said and brought her wine to her red lips. Then she dug into her purse and slipped a piece of paper onto the table. "This is my contract, if you're interested."

*The next morning*

I opened my eyes, moaned, and rubbed my temple. I had a bad headache. I looked at the nightstand and saw the contract and her business card Dalaina had handed me last night.

It was about eleven am. Elvis was gone already. I don't know how he just gets up and leave so quietly.

I climbed out of bed and found the pill bottle in the bathroom and took my occasional three pain killers downed with faucet water.

I went back to the bed and slowly sat down on the white sheets. I picked up Dalaina's card.

Dalaina Walker
(###-###-####)

I looked at it for a second, then my eyes traveled to the white telephone sitting on the bed stand. I grabbed it and dialed her number.

She picked up on the fourth ring. "Hello?"

"Hey Dalaina, it's Lizzie." I said.

"Hi Lizzie. How are you?" She asked.

"I'm good. Are you busy right now?"

"No, why?"

I rubbed my temple. "I wanna sign the contract." I said. I could almost hear her smile. "That's wonderful! How about the Cornerstone Cafe? It's about a block from your hotel." She suggested.

"I'll see you there. Say, forty five minutes?" I asked. "Will do. Bye."
"Bye."

I took a quick but greatly needed shower, then changed into high waisted shorts and a black and white polka dotted bottomed up tank top.

I did my make up they was Elvis liked and pulled on my shoes. I sprayed on some perfume and finished getting ready. I grabbed my bag and slung it around my shoulder then headed downstairs. Outside, I turned towards the cafe, passing many people.

"Lizzie Grant?" A voice said. I turned my head and saw an unknown face. "Yeah?" I asked the young girl, probably my age.

"Can I have your autograph?" She asked. I was shocked at first, why would anyone want my autograph? Then I remembered the hottest thing of the year, Elvis. Magazines were covered with photos of us so people knew who I was.

"Sure," I said. She pulled out a napkin from her purse and a pen. I took the items and signed my name with a heart.

"Thank you so much," she said with a beaming grin. I smiled at her. "You're welcome Hun, have a good day." I said and kept walking. It felt good to be known.

I found the brick building which was the cafe down the street.

Dalaina wasn't in sight so I sat down in a random booth. The waitress came by and handed me a menu. I skimmed through it while waiting for Dalaina.

It took her about five minutes to walk in the door and spot me. She smiled at me as she sat down.

"Morning Lizzie." She said while settling herself comfortably in the booth. "Good morning." I replied cheerfully.

"I'm very glad that you accepted me. I feel that you are going to go far," she said. I chuckled. "Thanks, that truly mean a whole lot," I replied.

"Did you bring the contract?" She asked. "Oh shoot, sorry I didn't." I said worriedly and bit my lip.

"Not to worry," she waved me off and reached into her purse. "I got a copy right here." She pulled out the white paper and placed it onto the table.

"Did you read over it?" She asked. "Briefly." I bit my lip. "Let's go over it again." She said and began to read it to me.

"I'll get twenty percent of your earnings," she said. "That's it?" I asked. She looked up at me. "Yeah, that's quite a lot actually." My face twisted in confusion. "Well the Colonel gets fifty percent of Elvis'." I stated.

Her eyes went wide. "Jesus, that's way too much." She said. "Oh really?" I asked dumbfounded. I didn't really know. "Do you want thirty?" I asked. I wanted to give her more than twenty to be honest.

"Well you don't have to give me thirty if you don't want to." She said. "No really, take thirty." I said. She shrugged. "All right," she took out her pen and scratched out twenty and wrote thirty.

We went over the rest of the contract with no issues.

"So do you want to sign?" She asked. I nodded. "I trust you," I said. "I believe you wouldn't lead me wrong." She smiled and handed me the pen.

I signed my name and wrote the date.

Elizabeth Woolridge Grant - September 24, 1956

Dalaina signed her name below mine.

"I'm glad to do business with you, Ms. Grant." She smiled and held her hand out. I shook it.

"You too, Ms. Walker."

===========

Sorry it's short, I didn't really know what to write.

Anyway, Dalaina Walker is dalainarenee a lot of you probably know her already. She writes good fanfics so go read those of you haven't!

I decided to write pricilla a letter , I hope she responds someday (I haven't even finished it yet but oh well I will someday)

Please vote and comment. I love getting comments!! Again stop being ghosts!!!!