7: Thats All Right

My father finally accepted the fact that Chuck is pregnant. He bought her a baby crib and Charlie and daddy set it up in Chuck's room. He even bought some diapers and baby bottles for her.

He wasn't happy at first obviously, but I guess he's okay with it. Now the baby is due in a month and a half and everything is going by so fast.

Elvis is getting more and more handsome everyday. He's maturing more too.

I started spending a lot of time with Elvis' family and they treat me like one of their own. They are all so nice.

Recently, Elvis got a job at Crown Electric and started driving a truck for them. He's also doing night school to become an electrician.

I still haven't decided on college yet. All guys think girls are only good for cleaning, cooking, and having kids. And that's it. Why bother with college?

I want to be a singer anyway. I should consider auditioning for Sam to get on the label, but I'd be so nervous. What if he doesn't like it? I fear rejection.

Elvis took me out to see some scary movie at the drive in tonight. He put blankets and pillows in the back of the truck again.

I think he only took me to see a scary movie so I would cuddle with him. But jokes on Elvis, scary movies don't scare me. In fact I love them more than anything. My favorite scary movie is Frankenstein. 

But just to amuse him, I cuddled up to him. I laid my head on his chest and wrapped my arms around his torso. He had his arms strung over me tightly. He kissed my forehead multiple times.

The movie was pretty dumb. Wasn't even scary. But for Elvis' ego, I still acted like he was my protector.

He ran his hands through my hair over and over and whispered in my ear "I love you satnin."

After the movie he took me to a diner where we hung out all night until 3 am just talking and holding hands.

Now I know what it's like to be in love.

When I get home, I have to deal with Sandy.  I said bye to Elvis at the door with a kiss and went inside.

Chuck was laying on the living room floor with her hands over her stomach.

"Hey Liz." She said. "Why are you on the ground?" I asked. "Can't get comfy. I'm hungry are you hungry?" She said.

"Sandy it's three am and you're laying on the ground. You should go to bed. You have school."

She groaned. "I can't sleep. I'm always hungry!" She said. I shushed her.
"Mom and dad are probably sleeping stop being so loud."

"Whatever, help me up," she held her hands out. I rolled my eyes and grabbed them and pulled her up.

"I'm hungry, I'm hungry, I'm huuuuungry." She sang.

"Jesus Christ Chuck fine. I'll make you a peanut butter and banana sandwich. Elvis likes em'." I smirked.

I walked into the kitchen as she sat on the couch. I made her dumb sandwich and tossed the knife in the sink.

I came back and she was passed out. I wanted to throw her out the window.
"Hey." I snapped my fingers in her face.

"Huh?"

"Here's your sandwich." I said, holding it in front of her face.

"Aw thanks." She said and ate it in ten seconds. "Come on." I took her to her room. She climbed into bed and passed out as fast as she ate the sandwich.

~~~~~~

*Flashback ; September 6th, 1953*

"Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Lizzie, happy birthday to you!" My family sang as I blew out the candle on my chocolate piece of cake the restraunt provided.

I couldn't stop smiling. Elvis snuck a kiss on my cheek with his arm wrapped around me tightly. I couldn't help but get butterflies. He was just so cute. I couldn't believe he could even stand me.

"Happy birthday." He said in my ear. "Thanks." I said to him with a grin.

We were sitting in a restraunt in downtown Memphis celebrating my 19th birthday. It was my parents, Chuck, Charlie, Elvis, and of course me. We all sat together at a table. We had just finished a huge dinner, which I had no idea how I was gonna afford all that. But thankfully my dad offered to pay for my birthday dinner. Of course I couldn't refuse that. 

Elvis handed me a small box. "Open it." He smiled. Everyone stares at me in anticipation.

I opened the box and saw a silver bracelet with a small rectangular plate with my name engraved into it.

"Thank you." I said and hugged him.

(During this time, we were just friends still. We didn't start dating until October-ish. When he came over for dinner that night we kissed. I know things moved so fast, but what can I say? I'm a teenage girl in love.)

Then my family passed me birthday gifts and I opened each of them with a smile.

Later that night, Elvis and I sat in my room alone. My father wasn't to happy about that, but he got over it when I promised him we weren't doing anything. I'm nineteen anyway. Why does it matter?

Elvis sat on my bed with his feet planted on the floor, strumming my brothers old guitar. I sat next to him but cross legged and with my hands folded in my lap, staring at him in admiration.

"Play a fast song. I'm tired of hearing sad songs." I said. He chuckled at me. "What song?"

"Oh I don't know. Whatever song."

He looked down at the ground, then I could see a lightbulb go on over his head. He began strumming the guitar very fast.

"Well that's all right mama..."