Twenty Four

Ashton stood before his front door, taking slow deep breaths. were they awake? will they find out? it was past midnight, past his curfew. he knew he would be in trouble. swallowing down his fear he glanced into the window next do the door, it seemed okay. it was dark,aside from the flickering light from the tv.

picking up his courage, he reached for the door knob with a shaky hand. he turned it, the door clicked open. Thankfully he wasnt locked out, but was that a good thing? he pushed the door open and stepped inside. he turned to shut it when a loud explosion went off beside him.

glass shards flew everywhere, the smell of alcohol was wrong. Ashton froze, stuck with fear. his hand was still on the door knob, eyes wide. his back was turned to whoever threw the beer bottle. " im sorry.." he quickly said.

a hand reached out, grabbing him by his shirt and yanked. he flew backyards and down onto the ground, getting carpet burn upon his hands. " please, stop" he whined as he looked up to see his dad towering over him with a cig hanging from his lip.

"where the fuck you been?! " snapped the father, causing ashton to wince. he was expecting a kick but none came, that was new. he was suddenly yanked up, father had him by the front of the shirt.  " YOU GUNNA ANSWER ME?!"

Ashton opened his mouth but before he could he was thrown into the wall, a loud thud was heard. Pain erupted as he slid down to his knees. he grabbed his now burning shoulder, he frowned. " im.. im sorry. ..i was just running late. im sorry.. please"

the father stormed over and pulled ash back onto his feet before slamming a fist into his face. "dont back talk!" growled the father as he slammed fist after fist into ashtons face.

the boy crumbled to the ground once he was released. his face was almost numb, but a painful numb. he pressed his hands lightly to his face, feeling swelling and blood. he whined a little but it was cut off as a foot slammed into his ribs.

meanwhile michael was sitting on a curb near calums house. he had no where to go, and he was worried about how ashton reacted. he pouted as he stared at his phone, his messages not being answered by ashton. You see, they all gave eachother their numbers at the end of detention and have been texting like crazy then. so it was weird to not get a reply from ashton.

did he hurt him that bad? he didnt mean to. why would he be upset anyways? did ashton like michael or something?

michael groaned and stood up, he was worried. he walked back to calums house and knocked on the door. he was greeted with a confused calum, and an excited luke. "Michael? " asked calum.

"Hey..mind helping me find where ashton lives? im a little worried." he pushed beside calum, entering the house. he smiled at luke and ruffled his hair as he passed. he turned to look expectantly at calum.

calum, stunned that michael just made his way inside, nodded. he closed the door and walked over to his computer. he grabbed  book and opened it, looking for ashtons name. " it gives his parents name, then we can look up in an address book by the parents name."

"smart, cal" Luke pipped up, smiling proudly. he sat back down on the couch and bit his lip as he watched michael walk over and help calum search. why where they worried about ashton? ashton was a big boy. he could take care of himself. right?

_________________________________________________________-

wow, look, an update! how is everyone? anyone still reading this? I cut the chapter short so i can write the other with the ideas i currently have. love you!