Chapter 17 Stories and Electricity

By the time the 15 rolled around I was a nervous wreck.

I was second guessing myself a lot. What if I didn't like what Kyle was going to tell me? What if this was all a joke and he never wanted to talk to me? Worse yet, what if it was a creepy Death Eater trap?

We didn't actually have a Hogsmeade trip planned for that day so Sirius and I had to get creative.

"Okay, right now our best option is this tunnel, it comes out at Honeydukes," he explained pointing to a statue of a witch on the map that him and the boys made.

"That works. What if we get caught though?" I asked, voicing my biggest concern.

Sirius shrugged. "We won't."

"But what if we do?" I pressed. We needed to have a backup plan. I didn't want to get expelled.

He folded the map up and sighed. "We can't get caught if they don't see us."

"What do you mean?" I asked, confused by his vagueness.

"Just trust me okay?" He reached his hand out for mine and I nodded and let him pull me out of the common room.

No one was around on account of everyone being in lessons. Sirius and I had both faked sick.

We didn't talk at all as we made our way through the halls quietly. If we got caught we would be in huge trouble.

Finally we made it to the statue and Sirius tapped the hump with his wand, whispering a spell as he did so. It slid open and he motioned for me to climb in.

I lowered my body in gently and climbed down the stairs quietly. Sirius was right behind me. He kept his hand on my lower back to keep me steady.

I held my breath until we reached the bottom of the steps. I pulled my wand out so we could have a light but Sirius held my hand down.

"What are you-"

I was cut off by his lips crashing into mine. His hands immediately found my hips and settled there while our lips worked in synch.

I didn't know what was happening but I didn't care.

He pulled away too quick and grabbed my hand, pulling me with him as he walked through the tunnel.

"Lumos," I muttered, successfully lighting it this time.

He didn't mention the kiss, so neither did I. We walked comfortably in silence, occasionally sharing a look or a smirk.

It took us about a half hour to reach the end of the tunnel. Seeing the stairs was a huge relief but it also set my nerves off again.

"Sirius," I whispered. He turned and looked at me with concern. "I can't do this."

"Ry, yes you can. I know you're scared and nervous and don't necessarily want to know what he's gonna tell you, but you can and you will," he said, looking me in the eyes. "I'll be here the whole time. We can leave whenever you want to, okay?"

I nodded. "Okay."

I kissed him once more quickly before I started climbing the stairs. I could feel his breath fan across my neck as he stood behind me.

He gently lifted up the tile and motioned for me to climb up. I climbed as quietly as possible and waited for Sirius to climb up as well before doing anything else.

"Okay," he said when he was safely up. "This is the fun part."

He pulled something out of his back pocket and put it over us. I laughed when I realized what it was.