Chapter 15 Looking Good and New Years

New Years Eve had arrived, along with the inner perfectionist of my Aunt Em. We were going to have over 100 guests and she had to go over all of our roles probably 50,000 times.

"Now girls, remember, there will be boys your age here but I expect you to behave rationally and appropriate," she reminded us for the fifth time.

"Yes Aunt Em," we all said in a monotone.

We were busy working on getting ready, seeing as the party started in an hour, and weren't really paying attention to anything she was saying.

"Katie, can you pass me the curling iron please?" I asked from my place in front of the full length mirror.

She handed it to me and I carefully curled each piece of my hair. We had been getting ready for the past two hours.

Music was blasting from my boom box in the corner so you had to raise your voice to be heard. We all moved seamlessly though, moving as one as we helped each other with hair and makeup.

When my Aunt left, Katie turned to us with an eye brow raised. "Did you guys hear that? There's gonna be guys here, time for me to have some fun," she exclaimed.

"Don't get pregnant," I said, focusing on my hair.

"No promises," she called back.

Lily looked to us holding up a nude shade of lipstick and a pink one. "Which one?"

"The nude one," Katie answered.

I jumped up and ran to my closet. "I have shoes to go with that!"

I pulled out a nude pair of pumps I'd never worn and threw them on the bed. Lily and I were the same size so we could always share shoes.

I started on my makeup and laughed as Katie pulled out eight tubes of lipstick for me when I asked if I could borrow some.

We finally all agreed on a shade the same colour as my dress. I did my makeup as fast as possible because my aunt wanted us downstairs before guests started arriving.

I helped the other girls with their dresses and then grabbed the locket the boys had given me and slid it around my neck. The final touch was black Keds, to match my nail polish, and I was finally ready.

"Alright ladies, time to make a grande entrance," Katie announced. "Shoulders back, heads up, smiles on."

"I feel like we're in a beauty pageant," Lily whispered to me. I nodded and laughed.

I could hear people downstairs, meaning the party must have started already. When we reached the top of the stairwell, everyone looked at us.

There were probably fifty people and every eye was on us. All of the boys had their mouths open and I laughed as I looked at them.

My gaze, however, was stuck on Sirius. He was wearing all black. A black dress shirt with a black tie and black jeans (he refused to wear dress pants), and black Vans.

He looked gorgeous to say the least. I smirked as he watched me descend the stairs. Remus whispered something to him but he just rubbed the back of his neck.

We approached them together.

"Hello boys, don't you all look dashing," Katie complimented.

"You girls look gorgeous," Remus complimented as words failed Sirius and James, who was busy staring at Lily.

"Careful, compliments like that might get you something tonight," Katie said, winking. I elbowed her as Remus blushed.

I surveyed the room to find a bunch of adults milling around. So far, no one our age had arrived.