Chapter 14 Shopping and Sassy Remus

We didn't get home until 5 in the morning. I climbed the ladder first, being quiet so as not to alert my sleeping Aunt and Uncle.

Once everyone was safely inside, I pulled the ladder back up and stowed it back in my closet.

I jumped onto my bed and pulled the covers up over me. I was completely frozen considering it was winter and I didn't have a coat on.

We spent half the adventure causing trouble at an all-night cafe and the rest reliving our childhood at a park. It wasn't really the wildest adventure ever, but it was pretty good.

"Move over Ry, I'm freezing," Remus called.

I scooted over and he slid in beside me, trying to soak up some of the warmth I had gained.

"You're cold," I whined.

"I'm aware," he muttered back.

James, Sirius and Peter started laughing and Remus threw a pillow at them. I looked between them all on confusion.

"What's so funny?" I asked.

"Nothing just go to sleep," he muttered.

I huffed and cuddled into him. Exhaustion hit me like a truck and soon enough I was fast asleep.

After what felt like seconds, there was a knock at the door. Someone on the floor, Katie probably, groaned loudly. The knocking sounded again and I heard someone get up.

I heard James and Aunt Em talking but I couldn't make out any specific words. My hearing was muffled due to the fact that Remus had me in an iron lock against his chest.

The door closed and James shook my shoulder. I opened my eyes and looked around.

"Mum wants us to go downstairs," he told me.

I nodded and tried to roll out of Remus' grasp. He wasn't letting me go so I looked to James for help. He grabbed a pillow and motioned for me to move away. I did, and James quickly slid the pillow where my body was.

I sleepily followed James downstairs and into the kitchen, where Aunt Em was making coffee. I grabbed a mug and filled it up, hoping to wake myself up.

"So, we have five days until the party," my Aunt announced.

"That is true," I said, flicking James in the ear as he started to doze off.

"I feel like it is safe to assume that you girls don't have dresses?" She asked.

I nodded. "That is a safe assumption."

"Good, I was thinking we could all go today and get some. We'll have a girls day out!"

"That sounds nice," I agreed.

"Alright, we'll leave in an hour. Make sure you're all ready."

"Wait, that's all you wanted? Why'd you make me come down then?" James asked.

"Because you're my son and I like to make your life miserable," Aunt Em joked, kissing him on the cheek.

He rolled his eyes and she laughed.

"But I actually do have a job for you boys. I'd like you all to clean the house from top to bottom and make sure it's ready for the party."

James groaned. "That's going to take forever," he complained.

"That's why there's four of you. If you finish early, you can all relax and go back to sleep okay?"

"Fine. But I can't guarantee we'll start any time soon," James warned as he left the room, sighing dramatically.