2. Pieces Of The Past

Seoul, South Korea 6.40 PM

flashback.
5 years ago

"Oppa, come here!" She signalled for him to come while holding flowers in her hands.

"Look what I found!"

"Taerin that's beautiful, really, but I don't have time, my physics teacher wants me to meet her like right now!"

"Hey, it won't even take a minute for you to come closer! You don't even know what I'm holding in my hands!"

"Taerin I can't, I'm so sorry" He rushed off.

"Why are you like this? You've never been like this to me.." She sighed.

It was twelve a clock noon, which only means one thing, lunch time.

Park Taerin, the brainiest yet most beautiful student in Moonlit High School walks out of her class, into the school's cafeteria, greeted by her lovely friends.

Today was a bad day for her. Reason one; She has no idea what's gotten into Mingyu. Reason two; Her best friend was absent.

"Taerin, why do you seem so sad? Boyfriend problems?" Someone asked her.

"Boyfriend problems? Do I even look like I have one?" She asked.

"Duh, what do you think? Well, what about that Mingyu guy?"

"You mean Kim Mingyu? He's just a friend of mine." Taerin replied.

"Really? Well I guess your 'friend' is waiting for you." She looked at the direction her friend was pointing to.

"Mingyu, what are you doing here?" She asked.

"Uhm, am I not supposed to be here? Well then we'll go."

"We? What do you mean we? I'm staying here." Taerin refused to go with him.

"Nope, you're going with me young lady." Mingyu grabbed her hand and forced her to follow him.

"What's with you today? First, you refused to come to me when I asked you to come closer, and now, you're the one forcing me to come with you and not letting me refuse? Uh uh Kim Mingyu, this is unacceptable." Taerin crossed her hands.

"Well, it's not like you have anything important to do Taerin ah.." Mingyu muttered.

"I haven't eaten yet Mingyu, now let go of my hands and let me finish my lunch." Taerin insisted. Just as she was about to walk away,

Mingyu grabbed her wrist causing her to turn and face him again.

"Taerin.." Mingyu said. She rolled her eyes and thought oh here goes another cheesy line.

"Yes?" She was already prepared listening to whatever cheesy line he would say.

"W-Would you be my girlfriend?"

There was a moment of silence.

"G-Girlfriend?" Taerin replied in complete shock.

She never expected to hear those words come out from his mouth so soon.

And she was in a dilemma. I mean, it's only been two years since we've known each other and now he wants me to be his girlfriend? She thought.

Oh god what to do what to do, somebody tell me what to do.

"I mean it's okay if you don't want to-"

"Yes, yes Mingyu, I would love to."

end of flashback.

Present time;
6.50 PM

"Mingyu, do you mind if I stay overnight at your place?" Taerin asked, her hair still soaked in rain.

My ex staying at my place overnight? Oh boy, I hope it's not going to be awkward, he thought.

"Uh, y-yes, you can absolutely stay." Mingyu said.

As soon as they arrived at Mingyu's apartment room, Taerin took off her shoes and rested her head on the sofa headrest.

"Are you okay with sleeping in the couch? Do you want to sleep in my bed instead?" Mingyu asked.

"Mingyu it's only seven, do you think I'm going to bed right away?" Taerin replied.

"Hey we've been apart for more than four years, my brain forgot a lot of things about you.." He admitted.

"My brain sure forgot a bunch of things about you too Mingyu, but all I know is you're always this stupid." They both shared a laugh.

Well, 'friends' always have fun, don't they?

-
A/N :
So that was it! The second chapter! And yes, Mingyu and you were dating in high school, something happened to you both and you guys got separated and finally broke up :-(
Stay tuned for the next chapter!

-sweetseventeen (on AFF)