Chapter Twenty-Three (Tris)

Start from the beginning

Being with Tobias Eaton is my destiny.

"Guys. I don't know what to say." I tell them putting my hands over my mouth.

"Don't worry Tris, we did this because we love you." Chris says.

"You guys are the best!"

I hug them, careful not to smudge my makeup.

"We need to finish getting ready. Tris do you know were the shoes are?"

"Yep."

They go back to finish getting ready while a get the shoes from Christina's closet. They're white with rhinestones on the outline of the shoe.

Another ten minutes goes by until the girls are finished getting ready.

They come out with their black rose bouquet in their hands, while I grab my white roses.

"You guys ready to go?" I ask them.

"The real question is, are you ready Tris?" Chris says.

Am I? Is this what I really want? I ask myself. Of course it is! I love Tobias and he loves me. But am I really ready to make a real commitment?

"Yeah. I think so."

"Ok girls. It's wedding time!" Christina exclaims.

We all walk out of Christina's apartment and towards the Chasm.

When we get there, there is a covering over the entrance so people can't see me. My parents come to the back after me.

"We're so proud of you honey." My mom says kissing my cheek.

"I can't believe my daughter is getting married. But if he ever hurts you, let me know." My dad says.

I laugh at his comment. Tobias would never hurt me. He loves me too much.

Christina gives the thumbs up that we're ready. So the music starts playing. Everyone links arms with their partner, and I link arms with my dad. My mom goes out first and sits in her seat. Then Shauna, Lynn, Marlene, and last Christina. Then everyone rises in their seats and that's my turn to go.

"Beatrice, don't forget that I love you." my dad says.

"Don't worry dad. I won't."

We walk out of the entrance and down the aisle. All my friends and family watch me.

This is my moment.

We we get to Tobias, my dad lets go of me.

"I'm so proud of you." he whispers in my ear.

I smile.

I take Tobias's hand while Max starts the ceremony.

The whole time I look into Tobias's eyes. Being so excited that right now in a few minutes, he will be my husband.

"And now for the vows. Would you like to go first Four?" Max asks.

"Sure." Tobias smiles. "Tris, I love you unconditionally and without hesitation. I vow to love you, encourage you, trust you, and respect you. As a family, we will create a home filled with learning, laughter, and compassion."

I promise to work with you to foster and cherish a relationship of equality knowing that together we will build a life far better than either of us could imagine alone."

Today, I choose you to be my wife. I accept you as you are, and I offer myself in return. I will care for you, stand beside you, and share with you all of life's adversities and all of its joys from this day forward, and all the days of my life. I love you."

"That was beautiful Four. I didn't know you could speak like that." Max chuckles.

Everyone laughs.

"Ok Tris. Now it's your turn.

"Ok. Wow I don't know if I'll be able to top that."

Tobias, today and forever, I promise to treat you with kindness, respect, and appreciation. I promise to encourage and inspire you, and to always stand by your side"

I promise never to take your love for granted. I promise to grow along with you, and to face challenges with a smile on my face and an open mind."

You have the kindest heart of anyone I know, thank you for loving me just the way I am. You're my best friend and the love of my life. I promise to love you forever, and for eternity."

By the end, we are both in tears.

Then all of a sudden, everything seams to happen in an instant. Putting the rings on each other's fingers. And saying "I do."

The next thing I remember is...

"I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride."

Tobias leans in and kisses me. But this kiss feels different than any other kiss we've ever shared. Because this is the kiss that starts the rest of our lives together.

We both pull back and everyone is clapping.

"I now pronounce Mr. and Mrs. Tobias Eaton!" Max says.

And with that, me and Tobias take our first steps as husband and wife.

A/N~~~~

Hey guys! I'm so so so so so so so sorry for not updating when I said I would. I wrote a lot of this earlier but when I got to before the wedding I had a HUGE write's block. But anyway, here is the update that I know a lot of people have been waiting for.

I promise I'll update soon but until then...

Stay Cool✌🏻️

Books_are_life_10