Chapter 21: Healing

Start from the beginning

We walk into English class and find seats. Lydia and I sit down, while Allison finds that the only seat available is in front of Scott. Once she sits down, everyone's phone beeps. Before I could even read the text, some one comes in and says, "'The offing was barred by a black bank of clouds and the tranquil waterway, leading to the uttermost ends of the Earth flowed somber under an overcast sky, seemed to lead seemed to lead into the heart of an immense darkness.' This is the last line of the first book we will read and the last line you will be reading on your phones in my class. Turn them off." The teacher introduces herself as Ms. Blake. She has brown hair, and is pretty tall.

In the middle of class Scott is pulled out of school. What is going on?

About five minutes after that, a bird hits the window. Then another, and then another. Crows keep coming and hitting the windows until, one of them breaks through, "Get down!" Our teacher screams. I run over to Allison to shield her. At some point the birds stop coming.

When we stand up, there are feathers everywhere. Ms. Blake calls the police, who are here in a matter of minutes. The sheriff greets me with a smile and after asking about my summer moves on to Stiles who walked over. As the sheriff is talking to others, I zone out and start thinking. When I started to think over the summer, it only ended in tears.

I look over at Ms. Blake and her cuts. When I see the cuts...

FLASHBACK

Jenna speeds over to the girl and bits her neck. Klaus throws Jenna off and stakes her, right in the heart. I drop to my knees and start to sob.

I hear footsteps and look up, "Elena! Stop!" I yell, as Klaus turns as well.

"What? This is impossible."

"Identical twins. Now let my sister go, drink my blood."

"NO!!" Elena doesn't look at me.

"Deal!" He then points to the alter. She walks over. "Thank you, Elena."

"Go to hell!" He then latches his mouth onto her neck. I scream as loudly as possible. I keep screaming even after her body falls to the ground. The ring disappears and Klaus goes over to me.

"I can feel it now!" He then smiles as his eyes turn yellow and veins show. He then grabs my neck and bites. Blood comes out of the wound as I flop to the ground...

"Izzy? Izzy!" I come back to see Stiles shoving my shoulder and the sheriff looking worried.

"I'm gonna go, to the bathroom. I'll, um, be right back." I say as I exit the classroom. On my way out, I notice two guys in suits, who watch as I exit. When I am sure no one can see me, I start to run. I get to the bathroom and make sure no one is there. I then lock and slide down the door. I then let out my tears. I cry for a few minutes but then I just start breathing weirdly. I start to have more flashbacks all of Jenna or Elena dying. I try to control my breathing, but I can't. I knock on the door brings me back to reality.

"Who's there?" I ask, trying to sound confidant.

"Lydia, Izzy open up."

"No one followed you?"

"Nope," I let her in and she hugs me. She heard about what happened in Mystic Falls when the others explained the werewolf thing. She helps me even out my breathing. Once she helps me with that, we walk out together and go back to the classroom. I see that the guys in the suits are talking to Chris. Allison sees us and walks over.

"Izzy, are you ok?"

"I'm fine, who are the tall suits?"

"They're feds. They wanted to ask me questions so my dad is arguing with them about it." It looks like the guys won because Allison looks behind us with a sad smile.