|| hermes' cabin ||

Ashton's POV

Since Percy apparently has no common sense, he introduced me to Travis and then left. Leaving me with a guy I barely knew, with no idea what to do.

I wasn't sure where to put my stuff, or where to sit, so I just stood there awkwardly.

"So, uh..." I stuttered.

"Right, sorry." Travis quickly turned to this shimmering image of a girl, and said "Sorry, but new camper. I've gotta go." She said something in return that I couldn't quite make out, and then the image disappeared. Just like that.

"So, you can pick any of the top bunks except for this one." He said pointing to the one above him. "That's where my brother Connor sleeps when we aren't in our counselor's room. " He grinned, gesturing towards a door on the back wall.

"Connor is your brother?" I asked. I slowly started seeing a startling resemblance.

"Ah, so you've already met my partner in crime." He said. "Yeah, he's my little brother."

"Cool." I nodded. "Also, what should I do with my stuff?"

"Oh, just set it in the top two drawers of that dresser." He pointed to a wooden dresser at the end of my bunk. "And we need to get you a camp t-shirt." He shuffled past me to the back of the cabin where there was a cabinet full of orange t-shirts. "What size?"

I quickly though over my build. Tall, skinny, muscled. "Medium."

"Perfect." He took an orange tee off the top rack and tossed it to me. "That should fit fine. Let me know if you need anything else."

I threw my stuff on a top bunk, the one beside Connor's. It felt good to be near someone I at least sort of knew.

"So this Percy guy," I started, "what's he like?"

Travis looked up. "He's pretty important to the camp. Fought in the two biggest wars in Camp Half-Blood history, and survived. He's Poseidon's kid so that makes him a pretty big deal around here, and since he's so important that makes him an excellent prank target."

I rolled my eyes. Boys and their prank wars. "Sounds like he's a pretty big deal." Just then a conch sounded, and interrupted our conversation.

"That would be the dinner bell." Travis said. "Race you there?"

"I would love to challenge you to a race which I'm sure you would lose at, but I have no earthly idea where the dining hall is so..."

"Right. I guess we can walk." Just then Connor burst into the room.

"Hey Travis! You'll never guess what there's a new - oh, you've already met her." He grinned at the sight of me.

"Hey Connor." I said. "Don't have to sound so excited about me being here."

"I'm not." He shrugged. "You're just the first mystery camper since, well, a long time. It's big news around here when a camper stumbles across camp like that."

"No kidding." Travis agreed.

"Well from the sounds of it you two could very easily be kidding." I smirked. "Now hurry up, or we're gonna be late for dinner."

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

A/N: so this chapter had been edited as of 10/10/16... Enjoy!!