Chapter Thirty-Two

Start from the beginning

The girls' eyes widened. 

"Oh, and let's not forget the number one life ruining moment that I've caused. I killed my best friend. The love of my life. The only person that understood me but still wanted to love me. He chose to love me and I killed him," I said as tears were now streaming down my face. 

Throughout the entire moment of clarity and revelation, we didn't even notice that the elevator was moving. It was perfect timing though because by the time I was done with my speech, the door opened to reveal a concerned looking manager and the technicians who were able to get the elevator moving. 

I ignored all them including the 3/5 of Fifth Harmony as I pushed through everyone and made a beeline for the exit. I was on such stress that I didn't notice that I pushed into someone. I quickly apologized and continued my escape. 

[...]

Normani's POV:

We stood in the elevator in such shock and mostly guilt. I knew we had pushed her, pushed this whole situation, too far, but I was simply blinded by the feeling to protect my friend. 

Before we could say anything, Sinu rushed over to the elevator dragging us back in by our sleeves and closing the door against the manager's calls and shouts. We stood in silence with Sinu's back towards us as she stared towards the front. Her foot tapping against the carpeted floor to pass the time as the elevator made another trip up. 

We arrived to a floor I could only believe was where Sinu's room was since it wasn't on our floor. Once the door opened, Sinu marched down the hall knowing full well that we would follow her. She didn't even have to turn around to make sure. We did not want to be more on her bad side then we already were for no apparent reason. 

When she closed the door to her room and stood before us while we sat helpless on her couch, it was Dinah who chose to speak up first. It was probably not a good idea to let her. 

"So, what's up doc?" 

Yup. Definitely not a good idea to let her speak first. 

"I don't know. You tell me," Sinu crossed her arms. We kept silent not knowing the true reason for this scolding. "Anyone want to tell me why a crying Alex pushed right passed me?" 

We all tensed and turned to each other for any ideas how to answer this. We had to be very delicate in how we approached SInu because one wrong move and she was going to snap in an instant. Or worse, she tell our parents. None of us wanted that. A mad Sinu was one thing. Mad Fifth Harmony parents was just asking for it. 

"We were defending Camila," Lauren was the one to answer. 

"By bullying Alex?" 

"We weren't-" 

"Running out of what seemed like an ambush from the three of you and crying to top it off seems like a bullying situation if you ask me. No matter how you phrase this or explain it, you bullied Alex," Sinu pointed out. 

"We didn't mean to," I rushed out. "We just wanted to talk to her." 

"About what?" 

"She's the reason why Camila has been in such a bad mood these past couple of days so we just wanted to know why," I told. 

"It's her reasons, not yours. You have no right to ask, or force, an answer from her if she doesn't want to." 

"Camila's our friend. We have every right to know why someone would want to hurt someone like Mila," Dinah spoke up. "I'm sorry, Sinu, but we were just trying to do right for Mila. She deserves answers."