Press Play

A short set of knocks bang against the door.

"Come in!"

The office is cool, not too cold and yet not too warm to be room temperature. There are posters everywhere, some Batman-themed and anime. Cute little figurines sit on the stands where her Slammy and Hall of Fame awards sit.

At the desk sits the small ex-wrestler, April Mendez better known as AJ Lee.

She looks up, smiling bright while pushing her glasses back up.

"Hey you!" She greets.

"Hey."

"How's my champion?"

The woman shrugs, "I'm doing alright."

"Aww, don't be a party pooper. I'm really glad I got to see you, I needed to talk about your upcoming storylines." AJ stands, grabbing the Manila folder and sitting on the edge of her desk. The champion walks closer, bracing her hands behind AJ on the desk.

She leans in, claiming her girlfriend's lips.

"You've missed me?"

A nod.

"For someone to work with Creative you sure are never here. I think Brock Lesnar's worked more days than you have."

"Again with that aren't we?" April laughs, leaning up and kissing Nicole again. "Next time, let's have the door closed, kinda gives both of us a bad rep around here."

Nicole moves away, sitting down.

"So, what about my storylines?"

"Well, how do you feel about being the longest-reigning Divas Champion in history?" AJ idly taps her fingers on the edge of the folder.

"Seriously?! You're gonna let me break it?" Nikki blinks in surprise.

"It's a thought, yes." The former wrestler sighs, "But, the Board isn't too fond of that idea."

"Why? What's the issue?"

"They want a fresh face. I can't tell you who for reaction purposes, but that's what's on the table right now. If you're gonna lose it before breaking it or break it and lose it right afterwards."

Nikki sighs, slumping back into her chair. She turns her SnapBack forwards and pulls it down over her eyes.

"This sucks." The Bella murmurs.

"Hey A, I wanted to talk to you..." Natalya enters. "And~ you're busy."

"No! It's fine, I can make time for you." AJ greets.

"Hey Nicole!"

"Mama~" Nikki prolongs her greeting, making the women laugh. She directs her attention to AJ. "I'll talk to you later then." The champion then gets up, kissing AJ on the cheek this time and leaving the office.

------

The Bella leans on Brie for comfort.

"So that's the deal?" The younger sister questions. "A fresh face? That means I won't be champion this time." Brie pouts.