Chapter One

The wind blows at full force, making me shiver. I tug my light jacket tighter around my small, rigged body. My dirty-blonde hair swirls in the breeze, hitting me in the face, and when I go to tuck it behind my ears, I notice how cold my face is.

I really should've left the house prepared.

Two days ago, I left my family. My house. School. Everything. I left it all behind.

Do I regret it? Not one bit.

I keep walking, trying to ignore the freezing temps. But the only clothing on my body is a pair of sweatpants, a T-shirt that says "Netflix and Tacos," and a jacket that's not really doing much to keep me warm. I should've put more clothes on, but I didn't have time.

I had to get out of that place.

It's not like my parents were always fighting, or that they were getting a divorce. It was because I felt alone. No one in that house cared about me, not even my five-year-old sister. In fact, she's one of the main reasons I had to leave.

Emmalie is the most babied five-year-old I've ever met. She's my dad's whole world. The reason? She almost died as a baby. Her heart stopped beating two minutes after she was born, and the doctors almost failed to bring her back to life. My parents call her their "miracle."

Mom is always gone at work. She runs some big music industry, and because of that, she's almost never home. It sucks.

That's why I had to leave. I couldn't deal with those awful people anymore. They didn't love me. If they did, they didn't bother showing it.

Now I'm on my own. Just like I've always been. Only this time, it's real.

There's no turning back.

- - -
A/N: Another short chapter, oops.😁 Some of them might be a little short, if that's okay with you. Comment what you thought!