Chapter Nineteen

I sat watching my husband Jacob as he reached down to scratch himself just as our son Michael, two years old, glances over seeing what his father did. Disgusted I turned away. Glancing back over minutes later I saw Jacob with his fingers in his pants.

"Like father, like son honey," he smiles at me. I just looked at him.

"Yeah well stop teaching him these habits. I want Michael to grow up with manners," I grunted.

"Hey, he has manners," Jacob said defensively.

"Really? Cause right about now I can't tell," I said in a deadpanned voice. "Please Jacob," I sighed. Smiling softly at me he did what I asked and explained to Michael that its not appropriate to do that. I just smiled, thankful for my wonder husband, when he isn't being a guy and my children. After Michael though, we decided we are done and got ourselves taken care of. No more kids.

"Mom!" I heard our oldest Alison call out, followed by pounding foot steps on the stairs. Sighing I waited as she entered the room.

"Yes?" I asked as she stood in front of me.

"Mom, there's a party at Becca's house tonight, can I go?" she asked smiling at me. As I got ready to answer her dad beat me to the punch.

"Will there be boys there?" he asked looking at his eldest daughter. She looked just like me but had her father's eyes. He is so protective of his girls, reminding me of my own dad.

"Dad it's a party, of course there will be boys," she rolled her eyes.

"Then the answer is no," he stated.

"Really dad?! Are you serious?! Its just a little party," Alison whined.

"Yeah I know how Becca's parties are. They are by no means small, so no you aren't going," he growled.

"God! This isn't fair. Everyone's going to be there from school, except me. Yeah, way to make me a laughing stock dad!" Alison yelled.

"Cry all you want baby girl, you're not going. I know how high school boys are and I don't want anyone taking advantage of you," he growled out again.

"Yeah, because that's what they're going to do when I walk threw the door. They're just going too jump me," she sneered.

"Watch your tone young lady," Jacob bit out. Alison looked back at me and I just shrugged my shoulders, causing to huff and turn back to her dad.

"You're the worse. Thanks dad," she sneered that word at him, causing his fist to clench, "for ruining my life. Now I'm going to get teased," she shouted, turning running towards the stairs as Jacob came to his feet.

"Honey please don't," I asked gently. He just looked at me then back to the stairs, yelling.

"Rather ruin your life and save my daughter then have you hurt little girl. Its what caring parent does," he hissed then we heard a door slam shut. The rest of the evening was spent with tension heavy in the house. Alison and Jacob didn't say a word to each other. After putting Michael, Arlene and Chloe to bed I took a peek into Alison's room to see her asleep, though I have a very bad feeling, I backed closing the door quietly then headed towards our room.

Getting into my bedroom I saw my husband already asleep, snoring loudly. Sometimes I'd love to shove a sock in his mouth. Undressing I threw my clothes in the hamper unlike my husband who threw it by the hamper. Pig, he'll be picking that up himself. Pulling my side of the blankets back, I slid into bed turning off my table lamp, snuggling down onto my side. Jacob rolled over wrapping himself around me. Just as I started calling in slumber, Jacob let out this ungodly snore, causing my eyes to pop open. Turning slightly I put my hand over his mouth and pinch his nose, causing him to struggles and turn over. Thank god.