Although I was scared shitless, I still waited with my eyes wide open, and on baited breath to see what was making it's way around the bed to greet me. My frantic mind had already conjured up some kind of half man, half demon creature with glowing amber eyes. So needless to say when the skinny, vertically challenged, little platinum blond boy bounced exuberantly into my line of vision, I was shocked speechless.

The boy gave me a toothy grin. I couldn't help myself, and despite the pain in jaw caused by my mouth dropping open with surprise. I laid there gaping at the kid like a first rate moron.The slender little thing climbed up onto the massive mattress that was almost as tall as he was, and just as nonchalant as he pleased, he sat Indian style in front of me.

"Hi, my name is Remy. I'm glad you are awake, but please calm down a bit. I can hear your heart beating away like a frightened bird flapping it's wings and the scent of your fear is almost suffocating. My Master will be very displeased with me if he comes in here and only find you all upset So please be calm, no one is going to hurt you here." He chirped, his voice was light and it had an almost musical quality to it.

Remy's big bright blue eyes remained fixed on my face just as intently as I was studying him. I didn't know what to think. I had no clue where to even begin to try to make heads or tales out my current situation. Still, I found myself calming down just like he requested and I guess the only to make sense of this situation, I'll just have to start at the beginning.

"Where am I?" The questioned barely rasped out of my parched throat.

My excitable little babysitter did a quick little backflip off the bed. His little bare feet had barely touched the floor before he scampered out of my line of sight. I heard the sound of liquid being poured into something, I assumed a cup or a glass, and the decimated lining of my throat felt even tighter now that I was focused on it.

The bright blond head quickly bounded back to my side. I watched as he climbed back up onto the bed using one hand to pull himself up. I found him absolutely adorable with his little pink tongue sticking out the side of his mouth and a little line of concentration marring his brow.

Remy's creamy unblemished skin was almost unearthly pale. He settled himself once again in front of me and gave me another full on megawatt smile, and I noticed he had abnormally perfect teeth. They were so straight, almost blindingly white. Almost too perfect to be real.

"Here you go, take slow sips please." He instructed in his sing song little voice as he held a stunning crystal glass in front of my face with one hand. Remy positioned the straw towards my lips with his other hand, and I closed my eyes as I wrapped my cracked lips around the straw and sucked the cool liquid into my mouth. I was tempted to suck it all in until I hit bottom, but the liquid stuck in the back of my sore throat and pooled there for a second before I drew a breath through my nose, held it, and swallowed hard.

Panting and somewhat re-hydrated, I asked him again. "Where am I, and how did I get here?"

Remy took his time in answering me as he leaned over and placed the glass on the bedside table. He hadn't bothered to turn on anymore lights within the room. Those bright blue eyes once again zeroed in on my face and I felt like he was looking directly into my soul.

"My Master was on his nightly walk when he scented you on the wind. By the time he got to you, those who had hurt you left you bleeding and on the brink of death. He heeled you enough to bring you here." The boy explained and I knew I was looking at him like he was speaking a foreign language.

"Why do you keep saying Master, is this some kind of kinky bondage term or what?" I blew out a frustrated breath completely ignoring the quick stab of discomfort in my side. "Who is it you keep referring to as Master and where exactly is here?" The questions continued to roll out of my mouth. He had said this person scented me from what seemed like far away and the man healed me. How the world, is this some sort of warped reality? Am I losing my mind the last throes of my death or what?

Remy placed his hand over mine and I winced as he applied enough pressure for me to return all of my attention back to him. "Etienne Morineau is my Master and your Fated and you are in his house. You will meet him for yourself in a few hours, but right now I can hear your heart rate rising again and that's not good. Master will answer the remainder of your questions."

I swore I was hallucinating and I tried my best to comprehend what he told me, but my mind was once again in a state of disbelief as I watched one of Remy's dainty

hands light up like a torch. I was so mesmerized by what I was seeing that I couldn't even flinch away from his touch as he reached for me. A gasp burst out of my mouth. I felt like someone touch me with a large voltage of electricity, and just like the last time I welcomed the darkness that immediately overtook my senses until there was nothing but silence once again.