II

Chapter II
Disowned
"Sorrows are like thunderclouds, in the distance they look black, over our heads scarcely gray."~Jean Paul

"So what color should the wedding be? Oh! I know the perfect colors for a royal wedding. Gold and white?" I stared at my mother. "Okay umm... black and gold?" I nodded my head. "Great! I'll tell the wedding people to make everything in black and gold." My mother skipped away while humming a song. Damn she's happy.

"She's so zealous." Zachary said beside me. I said hmm and walked around the flowers that were on display.

"What flowers would you like to have?" I shrugged my shoulders.

"It doesn't matter to me. Any would be okay." The gardener nodded his head at me and picked up dark purple flowers.

"Purple looks exquisite with your amazing dark complexion." I smiled at him and fingered the flowers. They are beautiful.

"Thank you Alex. That actually made my day." I said sadly and kept looking at the flowers.

"Me completing you shouldn't make your day. You should know your skin is radiant and know how beautiful you are."

"If I was beautiful as you say I am, I would be marrying someone I love." I tilted my head back to keep the tears from coming out. I do still have feelings for him... "Tell my mother I want these flowers at the wedding. I have to go uhh to my room for something."

"For what?" I almost forgot Zachary was here with me.

"For something." I responded not looking his way. I stopped walking when I heard the bell ring. The bell ringed... oh no.

"Zelda! Run to your room!" Zachary yelled at me. I nodded my head and ran straight for my room. Zachary was right behind and closed the door. "Put everything against the door." I pushed my dresser to my couches and chairs against the door with Zachary helping me. I heard people screaming for their life's and my heart couldn't stop beating like a drum.

"Why are vampires here?" Vampires shouldn't be here. We leave them alone they leave us alone. "They haven't attacked since... since forever."

"I don't know." I covered my nose trying to block away the metallic scent. "It's a massacre out there."

"I know I AHH!" I screamed out loud and held onto my chest. No no. I ran to the door about to tare away the furniture, but Zachary stopped me. "LET ME GO! SOMEONE IN MY FAMILY DIED!" I screamed fighting him off me. I broke down and sobbed into my hands. What if it was River?! He can't die. He's too young.

"They probably got injured bad. Sweetie please-"

"STOP! You know when someone dies in a wolves family they can feel it!" I yelled at his face. "And I felt it Zach... I-" He pulled me to him and hugged me to dear life. I wrapped my arms around his strong frame and cried harder and harder.

"No one died baby." Zach said rocking me back and forth while stroking my hair. "Please don't cry." I jumped when I heard banging on the door. Zach covered my mouth and his. We sat there like statues and the banging kept happening. I could smell that leech on the other side of the door.

"Come on puppies. Don't you wanna play?" My grip got tighter around his waist.

"I know you're in there." I heard the vampire sing. "I'll huff and I'll puff!" He banged again and again. After five minutes trying to brake the door down I got up to go under my pillow to retrieve my knife. Zach and I got in a fighting position. There was one more last bang and the vamp walked in with pride.

"Well aren't you a fine chocolate lady." I gulped and gripped tighter onto my knife. "Oh sweetie! You know that won't do shit." The vampire moved his dirty blond hair away from his face.