Initiate

Thank you Chelsea for the beautiful fan art above! I love your edits! Do you have fan art? Send it to me thru Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or email (Acreativeblur@gmail

Thank you Chelsea for the beautiful fan art above! I love your edits! Do you have fan art? Send it to me thru Instagram (Shuckoffgreenie) or email (Acreativeblur@gmail.com)

  The kiss only lasts a few seconds before I pull away. I take a few steps back.

  "I-I'm sorry. I don't know what happened." Aris says, his eyes wide, holding his head.

  "Why'd you do that?" I ask.

  "I just thought, maybe we could have what we did before the Maze." He defends.

  "What we had? What did we have?"

  He opens his mouth to respond, then closes it. Shakes his head. "Sorry." He answers quietly, and walks out the door.

  I turn to the mirror. Look at myself.

  What.

  Just.

  Happened.

  I touch my lips, running my hands over them. Did I just kiss Aris? Am I bad person?

  I shake the thoughts away. What if I was just hallucinating? But when I walk out of the door and into the bunk room and see Aris avoiding eye contact with me, I know it was real. God, how could I just let that happen? I mean, I don't even have feelings for him!

  I decide to forget about the whole thing completely. I climb up onto Newt's bunk and see him cuddled with the blanket like a little boy. All the other Gladers seem to be asleep, it's important we get a nice rest before going out into another Trial.

  I brush Newt's arm gently, waking him up. "Hi," I whisper.

  "How are you, love?" He says, turning to look up at me. He smiles, like his angry mood had completely vanished.

  "I am fine, what about you?"

  "I'm great now that you're here," He pulls me next to him, out for heads against each other's. "What's wrong, love?"

  "Just thinking," I reply, drawing imaginary circles on his chest.

  "Are you scared?" He asks.

  "No," I lie. "You?"

  "Terrified." He admits.

  I nuzzle my head under his chin, I feel his hot breaths on the back of my neck.

  "We won't be able to do this for two weeks." I hear him say.

  I look up and see his pouting face. It makes me smile. I lean in, he leans in more. But instead, I quickly peck his lips and pull away, giggling at his confused look.

  "Hey! No fair." He whines.

  "Sorry. Boys have cooties." I tease.

"Oh come on!" He whines even more.