Vincent realised his knuckles were turning white from holding the glass and placed it down. Why was he feeling like this? He had no right. All that had occured between the two was a kiss. A kiss that Vincent couldn't stop picturing and imagining. Everytime he shut his eyes, he was plagued with images of her plump lips after their kiss. How soft and full they looked, tempting him to dip his head and taste them again.

There was a knock on the door and Vincent went to answer it. When he opened the door, the object of his thoughts stood on the other side, her hair wet and her clothes drenched. The rain was still pouring down as she stood outside. He ushered her in and shut the door behind her. "Your coffee. There was a hell of a lot of traffic so that's why I was late." She said, handing him the beverage. "I hope you don't mind, I gave Benjamin the rest of the day off."

It suddenly hit Vincent. It was almost as if he was seeing her for the first time. He stared at her face as she leafed through the papers in her bag. Even drenched in rain, she looked amazing. The flawless brown skin, the innocent almond shaped eyes and the pouty pink lips he had sampled the previous day. He found himself staring at her, wondering how he had missed it.

She passed him a small stack of stapled papers, blushing when their hands brushed against each other. She cursed herself for blushing. Why was she blushing? They'd accidentally touched each other before and she felt nothing.

Perhaps it was because of the kiss. The kiss seemed to have awoken feelings in both of them that were deep down. Vincent finally found his voice and cleared his throat. "Could you please remove that jacket? You're getting my floor wet." He said to her as she rolled her eyes. Nevertheless, she took off her trench coat, revealing her wet outfit. The white blouse clung to her body and you could clearly see through it.

His body stiffened as his eyes roamed her body. She held the wet item in her hand and offered it to Vincent. He suddenly scowled at her, breaking his stare. "Is there a reason why you're reaching that out to me?"

She frowned. "You told me to take it off and I don't know where to put it. I only assumed that-." He disregarded her and turned on his heel, walking away into the kitchen.

Imani counted slowly to ten and followed him. "Oh hey, Imani, we were just speaking of you." Marco exclaimed when he saw her stomp in angrily. She paused and her face softened at the statement.

"You were?" She looked towards Vincent who had redirected his scowl towards Marco. "Good things I hope."

Marco smirked. "Oh, the best. Isn't that right, Vincent?"

Vincent shook his head. "Please do not feed into Marco's nonsense talk. You were not the subject of our conversation. We have more..." He looked her up and down, trying to ignore the sudden feelings in his loin. "Important and relevant things to talk about."

She lifted her chin and sucked her teeth, narrowing her eyes at him. She wrung out the coat, a puddle pooling on the floor and then she dropped the drenched coat. She innocently pointed to the puddle and the coat. "That's important, why don't you talk about that?"

Perhaps Imani had gone a step too far, but hearing her basically call her unimportant and irrelevant, it made her angry.

Vincent Pellegrino had to fight to contain his anger. Not only did he want to kick her out and possibly strangle her, but he was fighting the urge to grab her, push her against the wall and claim her lips again.

He lunged forward and Marco stopped him by grabbing his arm. Vincent was larger than him so it took a lot to keep him restrained.

"Marco, leave."

After hearing Vincent's request, he reared back. "What? Dude, it's raining out there. Raining hard. I can't-."

"Then go upstairs." Vincent replied, not taking his eyes off Imani.