11 | D i a r y

Dedicated to weyhey_harry because I really enjoyed Psychotic and your writing is great! x

Unedited.

I'D NOT KEPT A DIARY for years. When I was nine I first began to write one and it was mostly full of misspelled sentences about what I'd done throughout the day. As I got older, they became a little more interesting - boys, school studies and what music I had become interested in. It was basically the usual diary a teenage girl jotted down in every once in a while.

I ended up writing in it every night during my last year of secondary school but I soon lost interest once I'd moved to the city. My time was taken up with my art and work, and my little diaries were shoved somewhere in the bottom of a cardboard box.

Until I managed to pull out a blank one from under my bed.

I considered writing about work and how my art was going - it'd be nice to see how much my childhood dreams were so close to become reality. Then again, Harry was the only thing truly consuming my thoughts at that moment.

I opened up the plain red notebook and scribbled in the date before tapping my pen against the paper.

"What to write, what to write," I muttered under my breath as I observed the blank page.

I lowered the pen and began to write what came to mind. Perhaps I could write my life story and turn it into a teen novel if my art career didn't get better?

Dear Diary,

Long time no write, huh? I suppose that's because nothing much has been happening in my life right now. I'm still into art, and I pursued my dream to move to London and try to get my work showcased. The last part about having my art noticed is unfortunately still a dream. But the first part came true, right? I'm still hoping.

I'm not entirely sure what to say. It's been so long since I thought on keeping a diary.

Just like old times.

I paused and took a sip of my coffee, looking up at the TV to listen to the local news. Nothing much was going on, at least nothing that really caught my attention.

I suppose the main reason I thought of writing again was because of a boy. Yes, a boy. A real one, I may add. I only met him three, maybe four months ago and already I've fallen completely in love with him.

His name is Harry. He works in the finance department at the ERHA - that's the English Rural Housing Association, (where I work in repairs) - and he's just wonderful. Such a gentleman and he always speaks to people as if they are the most important person in the world.

He just smiles so widely when he speaks to everyone. Even to me, but only in a friendly way.

Oh, I so wish it could be more...

In fact, speaking of wishes, I just happened to make one a little while back.

It was a silly spur of the moment thing - I don't even believe in wishes coming true. And still, me being me - an idiot - I wished for someone like Harry to love me. And then I ended up making the entire wish about Harry. Which was a dumb move because he was in a relationship at the time and then the next day it all crashed and burned around him...