The Adoption Story

I've read adoption stories that are realistic. However, sometimes, the adoption stories just get super unrealistic- something that I would rather not spend my time on. 

OMG I WAS ADOPTED BY 1D!

Right, like a group of five boys are willing to adopt a fourteen year old girl. Dude, why do you need a child right now? You have millions of fans and whatnot to keep you company. Plus I believe you have better things to do than to take care of a young girl together. Is it just me... or does the idea of 1D adopting a 14 year old girl sound really weird and creepy?

On the topic of celebrities, there are those other books about 1D or 5SoS or [insertrandomboybandnamehere] adopting a person who is as old as they are, and later proceeding into a romantic relationship. No, just no. People can get emancipated out of foster homes at age 18 and some states allow them to stay until age 21. However, you adopting a person who's like 23 just isn't realistic. Unless of course, you're in some other country, and they have different rules... 

Lastly, there is always that unappreciative kid.

Mother/father: You were adopted, honey.

Kid: *screams* I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU! YOU AREN'T EVEN MY REAL BLOOD MOTHER AND FATHER AND WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME BEFORE?

*runs away*

I understand the whole 'why didn't you tell me before' thing but the truth is... some parents mightn't be ready themselves or they may think that their child isn't ready to understand what it means to be adopted. If those people raised you since you were young, they are your parents. Blood doesn't create a family, bond does. 

(Some religions have different rulings upon adoption and whatnot but I won't be getting into that right now)