Chapter Two

Joseon Dynasty

"Jae Hyun!" She called out.

I open my eyes and turn around, and after a split second she came crashing into my arms. "I've missed you so much Jae Hyun!" She cried out as her eyes were filled with that same joy; that same stare that she always reserved for me since the beginning. I smile, as I smother her cheek as I felt tears rolled down my face. "Jung Myung..." I whispered as I made the most of touching her face, her smooth rosy cheeks and lively expression. She laughed as she rose on her toes and kissed me on the cheek. "I love you, Jae Hyun... I can't wait until our wedding day." She said as she looked into my eyes. I smiled and embraced her tightly, wanting to stay like this forever. I knew what was coming. I didn't want to go through the same pain, not this time. But it replayed again.

She pointed at the sky, and I stared into where she was pointing. There was an eclipse happening right in front of us as the bright shining sun was covered by the moon, like it was embracing it. She smiled as she held my hand, "Just like how the moon embraces the sun above, I will always be there for you, as your moon, just like how you reflect your brilliant light to me as you shine like the sun. We will never separate...heaven has affirmed us to be together since the beginning of time, it's written in the sky." She says with certainty as she held my hand tighter. I felt her grip, as I longed for her touch to linger there forever.

Dark clouds covered the blue sky as the atmosphere turned grey and filled with dense fog. Dark, stormy clouds formed in the pitch black sky as a wave of black smoke came from the clouds. The smoke wrapped around Jung Myung, and I screamed. "NO! Jung Myung!! Don't leave me here! Take me with you!" I shouted against the fierce wind as it whipped against us, wanting us to separate. Tears rolled down her cheeks as she gave my hand a one last squeeze before being strangled by the hand of smoke. "I'm sorry, Jae Hyun, I love you. I will find you Jae Hyun, I'll find you, just wait for me. I'll be there!" She calls out before the ebony smoke started to twist around her neck and choke her. I screamed again, "Please, STOP! STOP THIS! NO, JUNG MYUNG!" I shouted with hopelessness.

She looked into my eyes one last time before the smoke lifted her up into the dark clouds above, as she disappeared into the dark sky.

Another agonising blow of pain hits against me as I fell to my knees, longing for her words of assurance, longing for her touch, longing for her eyes.

"I will find you Jae Hyun, I'll find you, just wait for me. I'll be there!"

Her words echoed around his mind as he scrunched his hair in frustration and pain. "Where are you, Jung Myung? Where are you?" I called out to the dark sky, wanting her to come back. "Where-"

"Orabeoni!" I heard someone call out from far away.

I opened my eyes and sat up, my clothes and face drenched in sweat. I saw the face of my sister as she held my shoulders. "What happened? Are you okay?"

When I couldn't answer, she sighed. "Was it that dream again? Of.... Jung Myung unnie?" She asked softly. I nodded as I stared into space. She sighed again. "And you're not gonna speak for at least an hour or so?" She asked, pity in her eyes. I couldn't move, or speak after I had this dream of her. Of Jung Myung. After every dream I have of her, words cannot form in my mouth for at least an hour before I could speak. I don't know the reason behind it, it happens whenever I dream of her. I slowly stand as I stare into space, not wanting to divert my eyes to reality. I try to picture her face again, but it's long gone in my mind. I could only remember her touch, and not her voice or her face. It was so long ago. When I was sixteen and she was fifteen.

A servant came into the room. "Crown Prince, the Queen has come to meet you."

"Let her in." My sister said.