X

Sorry if this chapter sucks...I had n
Monday, October 26, 2015

Alexis's POV

I jog downstairs, slipping on my ankle socks. I nearly slip when I see my mom, sitting at the table. A blank expression sits on her face, as I squint. I finish walking down the hardwood stairs and sit across from her at the table.

"Are you okay?" I ask. We haven't talked since the dinner last night.

"Other than a 13 year old boy attacking you yesterday?" she says, surprisingly calm.

"He tried. He didn't," I stutter.

"There's something wrong with his family," she sighs, pacing back and forth.

My mind races. I can't tell her about Chandler. I barely know what is happening with him. I assumed he's a vampire, but he can't be. Like I said, they don't exist.

"Mom, their just-"

"I don't know, Alexis. I want to keep you safe. Because I love you," she pauses, looking in my eyes, "I don't want you seeing Chandler anymore."

Her words flash in my mind again and again.

"What? No!" I blurt.

"I'm sorry! I just can't put you under the influence of that boy!"

"He has a name! It's Chandler, and you can't stop me from seeing him!" I shout, picking up my book bag in anger.

"If you keep talking to him, your birthday is off!"

"Fine! Cancel my birthday! Money can't buy me love anyway!" I cry, about to exit the house for school.

"Stay away from Chandler!" she yells, finally.

I slam the door and speed walk. I blink, as tears run down my face. Just then, Chandler comes from around the corner. He jogs toward me.

"Hey!" he smiles brightly, I don't bother making eye contact, "what's wrong?"

I look straight forward, keeping my eyes off of his.

"Talk to me," Chandler says, walking next to me.

"My mom said I'm not supposed to talk to you anymore," I sigh.

"What? Why?"

"Yesterday."

"Oh, Gray got sent back to boarding school."

"No, Chandler," I say, stopping, "I've been curious ever since we met. Tell me, what's going on? Is there something you're hiding from me?"

Chandler's eyes trace the sidewalk, and I try to catch his attention. His guilty eyes look into mine. He licks his lips and glues his eyes to me.

"I can't tell you," he whispers, as my mouth sort of drops, "yet."

"When will you tell me? Don't you trust me?"

"Yeah. Alexis, I've had really," he sighs, "never mind."

"On Friday, at the party, I will tell you. I promise," he says.

"Okay then," I sigh.

"Hey, is your mom mad at you?" he smirks.

"I think so," I reply.

"How's about we make her more mad?" he says, giving me a cocky grin.

-

Chandler drives over the speed limit, the windows wide open. I laugh, his hair messing up. He's smiling, something I've never seen for awhile.

"Slow down!" I laugh.