Harry and I were supposed to meet on my lunch break so I could get my bags and take them home. My landlord called yesterday and gave the all clear so I can move back into my place, and not a moment too soon. I can feel myself getting too attached to him but the momentum behind it is too much. So much so that I can't stop it or I don't want to, either way it's too much to think about.

I text him back after reading his message confirming us meeting up. Luckily for me he's down for going to lunch and responds before I can even sit my phone down. Still smiling, I start my computer's shut down and begin gathering my belongings. I carried a clutch today, since I knew I'd have to pack my huge bags home after work, so it only takes me a moment to be ready to go.

Walking out into the hall I peek into the window of Amita's office, waving when I see she's on the phone. She waves back and gives me the signal that she'll text me, I nod my agreeance and take off down the hall. My quick strides only slow as I come upon Damien's desk. He hangs up the phone as I arrive and comes around to hug me. He's in another pair of white pants and a powder blue button down as if he's at a club in Miami and not an office in LA.

"Love bug, I haven't seen you all day," he gushes, "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

I guide him along with me to the elevator doors, for one, because I'm ready to go and for two, so we can have a bit of privacy. "To lunch actually," I tell him, my voice lowered so eavesdropping ears miss it.

His brow scrunches, "Why? I thought you had a meeting with Mr. Reynolds and Mr. Price today."

I shake my head, pushing the button for the elevator a few times, "You know that douche Price and his foolery. Massa doesn't think I'm worthy enough to be in his presence."

Damien's eyes roll so hard I fear for their safety. A gust of wind escapes his nostrils like a bull seeing red. "I'm getting really sick of his crap. Do you want me to say something to Mr. Reynolds about it? I'm sure if he knew he wouldn't stand for it."

I purse my lips, "There's no way he doesn't know D. He's always present when Price treats me the way he does he just cares more about his business. I don't blame him, in fact I thank him. Now I can have a two hour lunch, no big deal."

The doors to the elevator open as I shrug and step inside waving to a still annoyed Damien as they close. He's a sweetheart for caring so much.

My phone vibrates again, Harry's asking if I've left yet. I shoot him my reply as I drop into the front seat of my car. The task of getting onto the road is less challenging than normal since everyone else is stuck at work for another hour. Getting more than a few feet down the street however is a bit more challenging, traffic in LA is the worst part about living here. As I sit waiting for the line of cars in front of me to move I think back to the past couple of weeks with Harry.

It's been a task trying to separate the feelings I feel for him as a friend from the ones that are forming as something else. As much as I try to deny it, he's awoken a piece of me I thought died a long time ago. I feel my age when I'm with him. He makes me happier than I thought was possible for someone who's been through what I've been through. I feel light with him even with the threat of heavier feelings on the horizon. A part of me just wants to enjoy the here and now and not worry about all the possibilities of the future.

Being with him makes me feel like it's okay to be young and reckless. I've planned out every step of my life so carefully but he makes me feel like wiping all of that from the table and starting fresh. I've built myself a box of safety but he makes it feel like a coffin. I'm living when we're together and there's no drug more dangerous than that.

~*~

Slowing down outside of the sushi bar I'm supposed to meet Harry at I see a swarm of men with cameras just as I get a text telling me to pull around the back. Doing as I'm told I hold my breath hoping the paparazzi don't see me. I remind myself to get my windows tinted darker as I let out the breath and park in a spot. The building itself is a long rectangular shape with windows seemingly everywhere. The spots that don't contain windows are covered in red, green, and black paint.