c h a p t e r o n e

《DARREN》

Goodbye cold Michigan, and hello sunny and warm California. I thought to myself self as I threw my clothes in my suite case with a happy bounce. I love Michigan, but I miss my family back in California. It's felt like forever since I've seen them. I flipped out my phone to check to time 3:40. I zipped up my suite case and head out my dorm.

As I walk to the theater building I enjoy the beauty of Michigan, although the wind was blowing hard and the snow was coming down like crazy there is still beauty. Today my friends and I volunteered to help clean out prop and costume room. My flight for California dosing leave till eight o'clock tonight, so I have some time.

《BRIAN》

I stood in the prop room, trying to sort through the stuff but it was no use, this is definitely not a one man job.

"Hey-O!" Meredith said as she entered the room.

"Thank God! Finally some help, everyone was supposed to be here by now." I exclaimed running up to her giving her a hug.

"How long have you been here?" She asked me.

"A couple of hours, why?"

"It has come a blizzard out there. I'm like 99% sure everyone froze to popsicles walking here."

"Wow, I didn't even notice. Well take your coat off, we have work." I told her motioning to all the stuff.

"Bri, I would love to help, but my flight got bumped up, so I have to leave." She said her face full of sorrow.

"Oh, it's okay." I told her giving her a smile.

"I just came by to tell you merry Christmas, and give you your present." Meredith said smiling as she pulled a small box from her bag.

I ripped off the wrapping paper. My mouth gaped open at the sight before me.

"O-oh m-m-my." I said not believing what I was seeing.

"I knew witch ones you were missing from, your button collection." Meredith said smiling obviously proud with her gift.

Ever since I was little I collected star wars buttons, and up untill know I had all of them but three.

"Meredith how?" Were the only words I could produce.

"Well my uncle gave me the one with Yoda on it. And the other two I found on line."

"Mere thank you so much, I - I would give you yours but it's in my room."

"It's okay, but I need to be leaving. Merry Christmas Bri." She said then gave me a hug an left.

《LAUREN》

"Jaime!" I yelled, "Can I borrow this?" I yelled holding up her giant pink sweat shirt.

"Lauren I can't see through walls." She said then popped her head out from the bathroom. "Uh yea. Lauren," She began as she came over to me, "are you sure you don't want to spend Christmas with me, or Darren, I know he wouldn't mind taking you home with him."

"Jaime dont worry. I promise I will be fine here. It's just for three weeks." I told her. So my problem is that my parents decided to go on a romantic getaway to the Bahamas, they told me I could fly home and have Christmas by myself at the house, of just stay at school. I'm staying at school.

"Lauren I just don't want you alone on Christmas." She said almost upset.

"I won't be I have friends with me."

"Really?"

"Yea, all six season of them." I said laughing. Jaime rolled her eyes.

"Come on put your boots on let's get going." Jaime said as she put her jacket and scarf on.

I put what felt like my winter jumpsuit on and went to grab my phone. I flipped it open, dead. I tossed it back on my bed, then Jaime and I headed out the door.

I looked around and saw my curly haired boyfriend.

"Darren!" I called out and ran over to him, I slipped on ice, but he cought me.

"Be careful you." He said smiling.

"Lauren, I'm not about to run on this ice and die." Jaime said as she carefully walked up to us.

"Man its really coming down, we need to walk a little faster." Darren said as we picked up the pace.

"So Darren I have a really hard time understanding why your letting Lauren stay at school alone over Christmas break." Jaime said to Darren.

"What?" Darren said stopping in his tracks. Oh God, Jaime has done it now, I haven't told Darren about that. Because he would make me come home with him and meet his parents, I'm just not ready for that.

"Yeaaa." I said as I gave Jaime an I'll kill you later look, I turned around to face Darren. "Uh yea my parent are going to the Bahamas, and I'm staying here."

"No, your coming with me my girlfriend is not going to be spending Christmas alone."

"Darren, I don't mind, really."

"Lauren, your coming with me." Darren said forcefully. I looked around for Jaime, but she was gone.

"I - I can't, I'm not packed."

"Fine we will leave from the theater at about five, that will give you plenty of time to get packed and us still make it to the airport. I'm going to call my mom and tell her to get another ticket, you go in side." Darren said then gave me a kiss on the cheek.

"But." I tried to fight back.

"No buts about it, now go in." And I did as Darren said and went in.

《JOEY》

"Joe, hurry up, Brian is going to be so upset, we volunteered to help and we were supposed to be there fifteen minutes ago." I stressed as Joe casually put his snow boots on.

"Joey first off, this is my room what are you doing in here?" Joe asked me.

"Well before Dylan left he told me to come get you so you don't forget."

"Okay, okay. Don't get your panties in a wad." Joe got up and walked to the door. "We are leaving." He said as he walked out of his doorm.

We walked in silence for a while. "Joey, I'm sorry if I acted like a dick to you back there." Joe piped up.

"It's okay, I'm use to it, I room with Darren, and he is never on time for anything." Joe chuckled at me. The snow storm was almost un bearable. The snow was coming down like crazy and the wind was sharp and cold. We finally reached the theater and rushed in to get in.

"Your late!" Brian called out from the stage.

"Sorry it was the ... snow." Joe lied as we walked onto the stage with everyone else.

"Okay," Brian began, "so the theater department has saved enough money to build an extra room for props and costumes, and everything that is in the small closet now needs to be taken out and organized. So the girls can tackle the costumes, and guys we will get the props." Brian finished. And with that we divided off and got to work.