c h a p t e r t w o

LAUREN

"Hey." Darren said walking up to me. "It's five, we need to be going."

"Oh, five already, time flies when you're having fun." I said nervously.

"Are you okay?" Darren said placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yea yea." I looked over at Jaime who was just beaming at me.

"Bye everyone we needed to be going." Darren called out.

"Darren I thought you said you were staying till 6:30." Brian said.

"Well," Darren began just as proud as can be, "Lauren is coming home with me for Christmas and she needs to pack so we are heading off."

Brian shrugged us off and went back to work. I walked over to Jamie and gave her a hug. "Have fun!" She wispered in my ear. I didn't even reply I just walked back over with Darren.

We walked down to the door and Darren pushed on it. Then he pushed again, and again, and again.

"Uh, Darren what's wrong?" I asked him starting to get worried.

"Oh shit." Darren said running his hands through his hair.

"Oh shit? Oh shit what? Darren what is going on." I said practically yelling.

"The doors, they automatically lock and I don't think the office figured anyone would be here so-"

"So we're locked in!" I said beginning to freak out. Then there was a loud crash and all the lights except for the emergency lights went out. I grabbed onto Darren and he held me. A couple seconds later everyone came running up to the lobby.

"Darren, Lauren?" What are you to still doing here?" Joey said.

"The doors automatically locked them selves." Darren told everyone.

"And the power just went out." Jamie said softly.

"And there is a blizzard out side." Joe said.

《Joe》

"Oh no no no no no." Jamie said. " We are going to die in here, we have no food, no water, and the electricity is down so no heat and nobody knows we are in here."

"Jaime calm down, I will call for help." I told her. I pulled out my phone. "There is no signal."

"Omigod!" Lauren shrieked then started crying into Darren.

"Everyone calm down." Brian yelled. "I have a plan. We need to start a fire."

"We can't start a fire we are indoors." Joey said.

"There are metal trash cans back there. I say we collect as much wood from the props to burn, I brought my lighter." Brian explained to everyone.

"What about food?" Jaime asked.

"There is a fridge in the back resting room. We need to get all the food out of it." I said to Jaime.

I look over at Lauren who is crying into Darren, she looks scared. And I've known Darren forever he may be trying to keep cool but I can tell he wants to cry just like Lauren.

"Lauren why don't you and Darren go find some blankets and pillows." They both nod and walk off.

"The smallest room is the prop closet. We need to clean it out and set up in there. Because it's so small it will be easier to keep warm." Brian told me and Joey because we were the last two left. "Joe help me with the closet and Joey go help Jaime."

《JAIME》

I can't believe this is happening. I'm supposed to be on my way home right now, not digging around in the fridge and cabinets looking for food.