Chapter 2- Why does the universe hate ME?!

I woke up that morning hoping that Rayna wouldn't destroy it with one of those cruel remarks of hers. I'd stand up to her but as I said I'm the shyest girl at my school. And she thinks I'm not on her level because she has long wavy strawberry blonde hair and a mix between icy blue and ivy green eyes she has the perfect complexion and just a few sprinkled freckles on her cheeks, Designer clothes, and followers following her and her every movement and posting it on Snapchat. Me, on the other hand, I have mousey brown hair to my shoulders, with one colored hazel eyes, with acne on the right side if my forehead, regular clothes from Target, and no friends even though I've been here for two months.

So I got ready for school thinking 'How am I going to tell Mr.Penny that I can't do the play'. I put on my green, white, and black flannel shirt and some black leggings and my black Converse shoes grabbed my coral flower pack and ran to the car grabbing a granola bar on my way out.

The ride to school was peaceful until a radio advertisement came on saying "Come to B.E.R.H academy's autumn play directed and written by Clara Abus." My mom screeched, I almost cried thinking 'Why does the universe hate me and well now I clearly can't tell him no! ' mom immediately started rewinding the advertisement so she can record it on her phone and she can send it to every on she knows. It was recorded by you know who... Rayna! I even got the text mom sent out.

When we got to the school I jumped out the car and chugged down the rest of my strawberry banana smoothie then the most unusual thing happened... someone actually talked to me! She said,"Congrats Clara on the play!" She knew my name! Someone actually knew my name, I shyly said thanks. So then I walked down the hall, people congratulated me left and right. Then I saw him standing by my locker, Jamie, I got butterflies in my stomach, but then I realized that Rayna's locker was next to mine, so the butterflies started to go away. Because I thought he was there for her.

So I walked up to my locker and Rayna was flirting with him in the middle of a sentence and he turned around and started looking at me and then the last of my butterflies came out in a big masculine burp. I thought I may have chugged down my smoothie too fast, then Rayna peaked out from behind him and giggle quietly. Then one of his friends yelled,"Yo, J think fast!" then he threw a football. Then I could tell that he went into game mode(that's what I call it)because he brushed his shaggy brown hair out of his eyes and lowered his eyebrows then yelled,"I'm comin' for you, Adam!" and then waved at me. Then Rayna yelled,"See you at lunch Jamie!?" He nodded, I don't think he really cared.

Author's Note: Tell me what you think of Rayna in the comments below!