"No problem, mum." Harry sighs.

"You know your brother is coming home next week?" She changes the subject. "I think it would be nice for him to meet Marley."

Harry groans. "Mum..."

"What? I've told him about you two. And you're cute little study dates up here in your room." She grins at her son's embarrassment. "He would like to meet her."

"We're not even together."

"But you're taking her to homecoming." She counters.

"Viv told you."

His mother nods. A smile spreading across her face. "And let's not pretend I didn't see what was going on the other day when she was here."

"Okay, I'll ask her." Harry gives in. "But please for the love of God, don't talk about that."

Harry's mother laughs. "Good." Checks her watch. "I'm going to go start dinner." Motions around her son's room. "Clean up."

Harry nods. Twirls his pencil through his fingers. And just can't quite understand why his room feels different without Marley in it. And feels empty without it filled with her laughter.

With her presence.

With her smile.

She gave him her phone number on Monday. But he has yet to use it. He didn't even think about if she had a phone or not. Sort of assumed she didn't considering her financial problems.

And then Harry sort of feels guilty about thinking that. But he won't lie to himself and say he doesn't worry for her. He knows that her brother is still off doing whatever he wants, and Marley is left to fend for herself.

Before he can stop himself, Harry has his phone pressed to his ear. The pencil in his hand between his teeth as he waits for her to pick up.

Marley does so after a few rings. "Hello?" Her voice is soft, as if she doesn't want someone to hear her.

"Hey." Harry pauses. Sits up in the desk chair he was previously slouched in. Doesn't really know what else to say. "Umm... Hi."

She laughs a short breath of air. And Harry thinks the phone doesn't do her laugh justice. It's missing something that the line just can't process through the speakers. "What's up, Harry?"

"I just..." He laughs at himself, "was thinking about you."

You in my bed with me. You with your light brown hair that's nearly blonde spread out across my pillowcase. You with your crystal blue eyes that remind me of icicles and frost-bitten noses closing slowly as I feel your breath on my chin and our lips hovering centimeters apart.

At least that's what he wants to say. But can't.

"Oh." Marley smiles. But shifts her weight from one foot to the other. Leans against the wall where she hid momentarily in order to pick up her phone. She isn't sure how she wants to proceed with Harry. What is it that they have, exactly? She isn't sure.

"I... am kind of working right now." Marley says. Doesn't know if she's saying she can't talk, or making conversation. Looks up at the fancy light fixture in the center of the beautiful cream and brown colored kitchen. "Babysitting, actually."

"You babysit?" He sounds genuinely interested.

"Yeah, sometimes." She shrugs despite the fact he can't see her. Glances down at the sleek cream tiled floor. "It's not hard, I just watch these two boys who are too caught up in their video games to notice I'm there anyway."

"Fun."

She can hear his smile.

And it makes her smile, too.

"Well I have to get back. It would be just my luck that they break something in the two minutes I step out of the room."

"Alright, love. Don't have too much fun without me." Harry says. Wishes she would stay on the line with him a little longer but he knows she can't.

She scoffs. "I don't think I know how to have fun without you."

And it didn't really process through her head until it was out. A beat of silence rings through the line. It feels like half an eternity but in reality it's only a second or two.

"I'm excited for homecoming." Harry says it because he can tell she felt awkward about her statement. It made him happy as ever, but Marley is still Marley. And she wouldn't be herself if she were as open as a book about her feelings.

"I just realized I don't have a dress." Marley sighs. Her breath hits the receiver of her phone, sending an odd noise through the line. But Harry doesn't pay it much attention.

"I'll take you to the mall this weekend." Harry offers. He would pay for her dress too but he doesn't say that. Because she likes being independent and shit.

"Umm... okay." She says. A bit unsure before adding, "yeah, it'll be fun."

"Okay."

"I have to go, now."

"Okay."

"Bye. See you tomorrow."

"Bye." Harry says. Hears the beeping tone that tells him she hung up. "Can't wait."

But of course she can't hear it. And that's okay. Because Marley Parker is the girl with crystal blue eyes that remind him of icicles and frost-bitten noses.

And a girl with eyes as beautiful is hers is worth being patient for.

______________________
SHORT CHAPPIE IM SORRY BUT YALL JUST WAIT OMG <3 <3

Question...

On a scale of 1-10, what do you rank this story? Be honest. 1 is "a shitty carroty fanfic" and 10 is "I never want to read anything else ever again. I'm just going to read this over and over for all eternity." Again, be completely honest.

LOVE YOU BABES. STAY BEAUTIFUL.

-Lena xx