The Game of Temptation ~25~

Start from the beginning

Care laughed and went to open the door as I silently freaked out about the fact that I hadn't thought about what shoes I should wear.

"Hey, is Isa ready?" Ren asked, and when I looked up from the pile of shoes, I noticed Care had just poked her head out.

"One second!" I told him, grabbing the first pair of flats I could find and choosing those. They'd work, they were black.

"Can I come in and wait at least?" Ren asked.

"No!" Both me and Care shouted, but the effect was ruined when I started giggling.

"Okay, guess you don't want the date then..." Ren trailed off, and I rolled my eyes, taking the door from my best friend and opening it a little more.

"Trust me, you don't want to be in here right now. Clothes are everywhere and there's not even any underwear," I told him, knowing that would put him off a little.

Ren sighed dramatically. "Fine, guess I'll wait out here all alone and..." His eyes met mine, and he stopped talking. He took a step back, and I frowned.

"What are you doing?" I asked, but he just waved his hand at me, motioning me to be quiet.

I looked back into the room at Care, but she shrugged. Okay, so Ren was just being weird. That worked too.

When I turned back around, a smile on my face because I clearly had a crazy boyfriend, I was greeted by a flash.

"Whoa, okay, want to explain now that I'm blind?" I asked, blinking quickly to clear the spots dancing in front of my eyes.

Ren grinned. "You look amazing. So I took a picture."

I rolled my eyes. "You're crazy," I confirmed. "Now can we go?"

"I've been wanting to for five minutes," Ren said.

Care handed me my purse, saving me the trouble of having to keep the door ajar to grab it.

"Thanks, see you later!" I told her, stepping out into the hallway.

"Make good choices," Care replied, making me laugh.

As soon as the door shut behind me, I felt Ren's lips on mine. I wasn't going to complain, not when his kisses could make me forget everything, even my own name.

"I have something for you," Ren muttered against my lips.

I wanted to reply, but words seemed unable to form. I felt his smile, and knew he knew how much he was affecting me.

He pulled away though, which I appreciated. I did want to see the movie.

But he stayed where he was and pulled out a little box.

I frowned. "What's this for?" I asked, taking it slowly. Were we supposed to get presents?

"I feel like it's fitting, considering it's our first date together. Open it," Ren encouraged. I was curious, so I did.

It didn't help. In the Swarovski box lay a little pumpkin charm made of diamonds. I looked up. "It's cute! But... I don't get it," I admitted, sadly.

"It's okay, I figured I'd have to explain it." Ren took the charm out and took my wrist, the one with the bracelet he'd given me on, and clipped the charm to it. "It symbolized Halloween, because that's when everything really started. For me, at least." He gave me a nervous smile, something I'd never really seen on him before now, and just held my hand. I knew he was wondering if I liked it.

"I love it, and you're right, Halloween is when everything just kind of changed. I really do love it, Ren." I looked up at him. "And I love you for remembering," I told him, leaning in to brush my lips against his quickly. It had to be quick, otherwise we'd never get anywhere.