Reuben grinned and dashed out of the room to the bedroom across the hall. Zac went back to his book only to be interrupted by bass thumping through the floor. He groaned and pushed a hand through his blond tendrils. He'd only managed three pages when Alex walked in and jumped at the sight of Zac on his bed.

"Hello," Alex said, amused at Zac's annoyance. Zac nodded in response. "If you don't mind," continued Alex, "I'm gonna change my clothes."

"Okay."

"Are you just going to stay there?"

"Yeah."

"Oh, well . . . okay."

"Does it make you uncomfortable?" Zac moved his book away from his face to look at Alex.

He flushed slightly and scoffed. "No, why would it?"

Zac shrugged nonchalantly. He heard the sounds of Alex rummaging through his wardrobe and pulling his clothes off. "Zac!" shouted a freshly changed Reuben, bursting through the door suddenly. Zac sighed and put his book on the nightstand, knowing peace was, from here on out, impossible. Reuben blushed from head to toe at the sight of Alex, half naked, tugging a pair of black jeans to his hips. Zac understood where Reuben was coming from - being on the school's swimming and footy teams had toned Alex's body nicely. Even from his back Zac could see the lean muscles flexing under Alex's skin.

"I-I'm so sorry, Alex. Um, I'll be d-downstairs, Zac. Bye." Zac couldn't help but burst into hysterics as his friend slammed the door and disappeared. Alex watched his twin, the ghost of a smile on his lips as he listened to Zac's laughter fade into exhausted breathing. Zac noticed Alex's glacier-blue eyes upon him.

"What?" he said in between breaths, "It was funny."

Alex chuckled, snapping out of it. "Yeah, I guess it was."

"Don't worry, I'm pretty sure he doesn't like you like that or anything, he just thought you were hot."

Alex pushed air out of his nose, feeling slightly, if not disturbingly, flattered. He pulled his chosen shirt over his head and pushed his arms into the correct holes. Zac told him he was going to go downstairs and check on Reuben.

"Wearing just jeans and a t-shirt? To my party?" Alex commented disapprovingly.

Zac turned around at the door. "Wha- you're wearing jeans and a t-shirt, too!"

"Yeah, my good jeans and a t-shirt. What's your excuse?"

Zac cursed under his breath. "Shut up."

Alex laughed to himself when Zac left. Now, where were his Converse?

Downstairs, Zac found ten or so guys and girls who sat at Alex's table during lunch setting up for the party. He didn't question where the keg came from. Through the kitchen window he spotted Reuben sitting on the back deck and moved through the bustling guys to the back door. Reu was on his phone, traces of a blush on his cheeks the colour of the roses behind him.

"Still alive?" Zac teased, smirking when Reuben jumped in surprise.

Reuben scowled at Zac and curled a strand of longish mouse-brown hair around his index finger. "You didn't warn me. I could've fainted from seeing that! Man you're lucky you get to see that whenever you like -" Zac raised an eyebrow, "- I should totally stay overnight more often. Hey, speaking of which, do I get to sleep with you in your bed tonight?" he finished with a wink.

"Provided you don't get completely pissed."

Reuben inhaled through his teeth, creating a wet, hissing sound, "Dunno about that, babe, you know I love my liquor."