Chapter 7

Chapter 7

I was drowning.

Cold, black water surrounded me, swallowing me whole. A pit of fear spread through my body, clenching my heart painfully. My throat hurt. My head pounded. I thrashed and thrashed, trying to swim upwards but I couldn't. I was being pulled down. Sharp claws grabbed my ankles, scratching me as they tugged me down.

No this wasn't right.

They were suppose to be the one drowning, not me.

I underestimated them. I thought I had them under control.

I was wrong.

My demons know how to swim.

Horrible screams filled my ears. I realized that I was the one screaming. Bubbles surrounded me as I gasped for breath. I was scarred. I was scared and I was drowning. Laughter, such evil laughter, surrounded me as my demons seemed delighted at me screaming.

Soon, I was getting lightheaded and my struggles to escape seemed to crease. My demons wrapped their arms around me as I took one last breath, the darkness finally winning.

"ELIZABETH WAKE UP! HONEY WAKE UP IT WAS JUST A DREAM! WAKE UP!"

My eyes shot open as I gasped for breath. Hands were on my arms, face and back. Still frightened, I struggled to get away from the many hands on me.

"Elizabeth!"

I looked up to meet bright hazel eyes.

"Adam," I chocked out. He gave me a small smile, sitting besides me and taking my hand.

"Hey sweetie, you're okay. Just relax, okay?", he said calmly. I then realized I was shaking, my forehead had sweat on it.

"What happened?", I asked. Mo patted my hair away from my sweaty face.

"You have a 'mare baby girl,"she said, giving me a glass of water. I chugged it down, realizing my throat was super dry.

"Sorry," I said slightly embarrassed. Adam just chuckled and sat with his back on my head board before placing me in his lap. I rested my head in his shoulder, playing with our intwined hand.

"Don't be. What did you dream about love?", Adam whispered in my hair. I shook my head, I didn't want to remember.

"Y'all get some sleep okay?", Mo said. We nodded. Satisfied, she went back to her room.

"Adam?"

"Yes love?"

"How did you end up in my room?"

Adam chuckled, kissing my forehead.

"Mo called, saying you we're screaming and that you wouldn't wake up. So, I ran. "

I looked up at him,"Really?"

He nodded,"Yup."

"You're sweet.", I said quietly. Adam's cheeks turned a shade pink, so did his ears. I giggled as I realized he was blushing.

"You're cute when you blush," I said honestly. That seemed to make it worse, he was now red. I laughed, tracing his cheek with my fingers. Adam kissed the inside of my palm, smirking.

"You just had a nightmare, screaming bloody murder and now you're giggling. You're one strange girl.", he commented.

I just shrugged," you're just funny, that's all."

Adam just smiled. I poked his dimples, not helping but smile back.

"You're beautiful Liz," he whispered before pressing his forehead on mine. I sighed happily.