Chapter 3

NOW

Liz Point of View:

It's been eight years since dad and David left me behind. I'm sixteen now. Not once have they tried to contact me. Dad would just send money to Mo so she could take care of me. That's it. I gave up on the idea that they'll come back years ago. Why believe in something you know is never going to happen? I've been dying my hair white all those years, it makes me feel like I'm nothing like my mother.

Mo and I moved out of the house that I grew up in and bought a smaller house an hour away. It's nothing special, just a small two story house with a huge garden in the back (Mo loves her garden) and a swing on the front porch.

I was up in my room, MGMT playing in the background as I read a magazine.

"Liz come down here please!", Mo yelled from the kitchen.

I quickly got up and ran down the stairs.

"What's up Mo?", I asked as I sat on the counter.

"Honey will you go to that little store up the road and go buy me some eggs? I need some for my cake.", Mo said as she was racing around the kitchen making multiple things at once.

"Cake?", I asked. Mo nodded.

"Yes for the church benefit tomorrow, remember?",'Mo said as she stirred something in a big bowl.

"Oh yeah, okay I'm on it!", I assured her as I hopped off the counter. I went outside and got my bike that was behind the little shed Mo has in the back.

"Come on Jace!". I yelled at my not so little puppy as he and I peddled to the grocery store.

Mo's Point Of View:

I watched baby girl ride off on that bike of hers, Jace running after her. I shook my head and smiled. She was growing up so fast. I put the chicken in the oven as a black SUV came up on the drive way a ten minutes after baby girl left.

"What in the world?", I muttered under my breath as I cleaned my hands. The doors opened and 3 men and a women came out. Soon I heard a knock on the door. Me of course not wanting to seem rude, I opened it. Lawd, I almost had me a heart attack right there. Standing before me was the man himself, the man that made baby girl cry so many nights.

"Hello Mo, long time no see", Mason said shyly.

I say nothing, no sir, I just smacked him good and hard across the face.

Mason held his cheek all dramatic as though I hurt him. Stupid idiot was a werewolf! That didn't hurt him at all. But he'll just have to wait for my rifle for him to feel pain.

"What the hell you doin here?", I asked, my voice cold and hard.

"I-I came to see you and Lizzy," Mason said with a stutter in his breath. The fool was scared of me. He should be.

"We don't need you here now you go on and get!", I yelled, waving at his fancy car.

"Mo I-", he started to say when I interrupted him.

"No Mason I ain't havin it! You caused that girl to much pain! Now get!"

"Mo?", a voice said.

I looked up from glaring at Mason to see a very nice lookin young lad. Lawd was he taller and boy did he look like his daddy. He grew up in the last eight years.

"David", I say as I hug that boy as if there was no tomorrow. He hug me back tight.

"How come he gets a hug?", Mason asked like the idiot he is.

Ignoring him, I pulled back and stared up at baby boy. My was he a looker, probably had those poor girls wrapped around his finger.

"You one fine lad", I told him as I pulled away and continued to glare at Mason.

"Um-uh hello", A squeaky voice said. I turned and almost went blind. A girl no bigger then my shoulder stood next to David, her dress barley covering her! Lawd I wanted to start praying for her right then and there.

I raised an eyebrow,"Who the hell are you?"

Before she could answer, a bark I knew very well sounded up the drive way. My heart almost gave out, baby girl was home.

Authors note:

Hello! Comment! Should I continue? Let me know

-Call Me Miss Brightside