Chapter 5

Liz point of view:

I feel like crap.

After crying in Mo's arms for what seemed like hours, I quickly ran to my room. That was yesterday. I've locked myself in here, getting a good yell from Mo to "Open the damn door" as she likes to put it. After awhile I put on my stereo and drowned out all the pleas. I thought my door was going to concave because of how hard Mo knocked on my door when I did. But after awhile she left me alone and I turned my music down to a low hum in the background.

I now lay on my back on my bed and just stare at the ceiling. Using my fingers to connect the glow-in-the dark stars I put on it years ago, I let my mind wonder.

Strangely I could feel Adam downstairs. Must be a mate thing. He didn't try to get me out of my room like Mo which confused me, didn't he care? I wasn't quite sure since I just met him and all. I blushed as I thought how I just plain out sat in his lap yesterday. Here was I guy I didn't know yet I'm practically cuddling with him. How embarrassing!

Even if he was my mate that's still embarrassing. I must have looked like Candy, a slut. I shook that thought out of my head. Dad was really getting married.

I chewed on that for a while.

That bastard.

I hate him even more now. That jerk made me believe it was my fault he left because I look like mom. Now eight years later he comes back and says 'oh sorry for leaving you, wanna be in my wedding?'. He seriously thinks I'm just going to forgive him. The nerve he has for coming here, I'll give him that. I was quite surprised when Mo didn't shoot him sooner.

I groaned as I massaged my temples.

What was I going to do?!

Just then there was a slight tap on my window.

Adam point of view:

"She ain't gonna come down anytime soon", Mo told me as she poured me a cup of coffee. I sighed.

Last night I stayed here, sleeping on the couch. Even though my back was killing me, it was worth it. I couldn't leave Liz. My wolf growled with pleasure at the thought of her. Man, she was beautiful. Her white hair just framed her face perfectly and her eyes were honey colored. I loved how she sat in my lap yesterday, it felt good to have what's mine next to me. I could feel David try to get through to me through mind but I blocked him out. I turned off my phone so Robin, my Beta, wouldn't bother me.

I knew I had to go back to my pack but right now I had to make sure Liz was okay. The only problem was that I was scared to go up and knock on her door. I would be heartbroken if she doesn't answer it.

"The window."

I looked up,"Excuse me?"

"The window. There's a big tree next to Lizzy's room. Use it. She won't be able to not let you in", Mo explained as she took a sip of her coffee.

I couldn't stop the smile from spreading on my lips.

"Thank you Mo", I said as I kissed her in the cheek. She chuckled and waved me away. I ran out the front door.

Liz Point Of View:

I almost had a heart attack when I saw who was at my window. Scrambling off my bed I ran to my window. Adam gave me a big smile that made my heart skip a beat.

"Hey," I said casually when I opened the window. I sat on my knees and put my arms on the window seal.

"Hey", Adam said. Awkward silence. Then,

"Sooo what are you doing?", I asked.

Adam shrugged,"Just hanging."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Wanna come in?", I asked.