Prologue

?? P.O.V.

I cannot take this anymore!

I have been trapped doing this to innocent people, and close people. For two years! Ever since that night, I will never forget.

~~~~~

Flashback

I was outside my apartment with my slightly younger brother, and a couple of my friends.

We were all having fun, laughing, and messing around with a couple of bats that were hanging off the fire escape.

We threw some pebbles at them, and laughed or pretended to get scared when they would screech. I guess that they must of had enough of what we were doing because they dropped down and swarmed us.

They screeched loud in my ears as I would clearly dodge them.

I must have not seen one because it landed on my shoulder and bit my neck.

I hissed in pain, as I felt my blood being taken from me. I grabbed it and threw it to the ground. I kicked it toward the wall and it fell on the floor with a thud.

"Woah! Are you alright?" My brother asked me, obviously worried.

I smiled, "yeah I'm fine." I looked at him and winked, "oh no! I have been bitten by a vampire bat! I'm changing into a vampire!" I looked at my friends with a fake serious face, "your blood smells, delicious!"

They screamed in terror but I just laughed. "You should see the look on your faces." I laughed as they gave me hurtful expressions.

"Come on sis, I think this is enough fun for one night. We should head home, after all, it's very late." My brother said to me.

I rolled my eyes, "why are you such a party pooper. Fine whatever." I turned to my friends, "catch you guys later. We're heading home."

They all nodded and we left.

We were almost home when the dark sky, started to glow. Almost a blueish green color. I looked up and stared in awe, it was so beautiful. And in the corner of my eyes, I saw some type of space ship, but it quickly disappeared into the sky.

I was going to call my brother, but one of the lights were getting really close, too close. It was heading for my brother.

I was frightened, so I pushed him out if the way, as the light broke over my back.

My eyes widened as this goop splashed all over me. It burned like crazy, "bro, it hurts! Get it off!" I screamed, getting my brother's attention.

When he turned toward me, he ran to me, but before he made it to me, my body started to glow. I was glowing and I was in pain, I didn't know what was happening.

After what seemed like forever, the pain stopped and so did the glowing. I fell to the floor on my knees and opened my eyes.

Everything was a little hazy but I got my vision, good. In fact, it was better then before. I looked at my brother, who just stared at me, but something looked off about him.

I could hear his heart beat, his blood running through his veins. I could smell, blood? It smells so good.

He looked at me with fear and started to walk backwards, toward the apartment. "Hey little bro, where are you going?" I said with a teasing voice.

"I was just going to, um, buy you a, um, snack?" He said uncertain.

"But why buy one, when I already have a free one, in front of me?" I felt my canines grow long and sharp. I don't know what I am doing, but I just can't resist.

I smiled and my newly sharp teeth were shown to my brother. His eyes went wide and he ran away from me. "Oh, hell no!" I said as I ran after him, but suddenly appeared in front of him.

"Well would you look at that, I can run really fast. I'm very hungry bro, and I can't fight this erg to feed on some, blood." I sniffed the air, "yours smells delicious."

Before I could process what was going on in my mind, I lunged at my brother, tackled him to the ground, and bit his neck, hard. The blood came pouring out of his body, and I was gladly drinking it.

"Stop! Stop!" He pleaded, as he was pushing me away from his neck.

After about ten more seconds of drinking sweet blood, I released my fangs from his neck, and took a step away from him.

He stood there, holding onto the puncture wound that was there. He looked like he was sad and full of guilt, and it made me snap out of what just happened.

I blinked my eyes, and my normal vision was back. I met my brother's eyes and I gasped. "What did I do?" I asked rhetorically to myself, I clearly knew what happened I just couldn't retain myself.

"I'm sorry! I-I didn't k-know what got into m-me!" I looked at him with sadness.

He reached for my shoulder, but before he touched me, I hissed and stepped back. "I'm too dangerous! I hurt you and I'm sorry! This is probably the last time you'll ever see me again!" I said to him, as I ran away, in lightning speed.

The last thing I heard was from my brother was, "Hannah! Come back!"

Flashback End

~~~~~

That was two years ago, and I can never forget it. I hurt my own brother, along with other people.

I have tried eating small animals and bugs, but it never fits my appetite, human blood is what gets me going, but I try my best to restrict myself. It's very hard but I still stick with the small vermin.

I have only attacked four people throughout these two years, but its sad to think that I have harmed the innocent.

Someone was behind that glowing stuff in the sky, and I will find out, in due time.

"I'll never be the same again." I said quietly to myself. I looked at the night sky and sniffed the air.

My brown eyes turned red, as my nostrils were filled with the scent of blood. I smiled to myself, as my eyes turned brown.

"Might as well accept who I am it's been two years and I've been doing the same routine over and over again. I'm never going to be the same." My eyes turned red once again, as I morphed into a bat and flew towards the smell of blood.

I flew toward the scent of the same old rat blood. I just wish I could have something new, other than people.

This life is actually better than anticipated, well except for the people I may harm. But, I need to live too, and I am no longer human, so why should I care?

I will try my best to continue to stick with my daily meals: rats, bugs, and other small animals.

I sighed heavily to myself. It's time to enjoy this life style, and become what I truly am, a blood sucking vampire.