~ Chapter One ~ A New Hell ~

Four months later...

He holds my hand as we stand in the rain, holding an umbrella over my head. It's such a beautiful sight, the water glistening in the moonlight, the golden sand as soft as I've ever seen it. It's beautiful. He looks at me, taking my other hand in his, making me drop my umbrella. He starts to slowly lean in, pulling me closer to him, grinning at me as the rain hits my forehead with a strong force. The rain is pissing me off right now, why is it so heavy? He's gonna kiss me and this damn rain is killing the vibe. Great. My hair is ruined and my mascara is running. I should've worn my water proof one!
It suddenly starts to rain more and more and heavier and heavier.
"Zahara..."
Everything is fading. I can barely see anymore.
"Zahara."
Everything goes black. I can't see him anymore. I fall the to ground.
"Zahara!"
I feel the floor disappear into thin air. I'm suddenly falling.
This is it. I'm gonna die.
"ZAHARA!!!!! WAKE UP!!"

I think I almost hit my head on my ceiling because I jumped that high. My older brother, Jayden, is yelling in my face, with big chunks of spit flying out of his mouth, shaking me intensely, forcing me to wake up. Well that explains the rain. Thanks big bro. Just the perfect morning I wanted to wake up to.

"What are you doing?" I say, still half asleep, "And what the hell are you doing in my room?! Get out! Ugh.." I fall back onto my pillow. Drool is probably seeping out my mouth right now. Eh. Just get lost Jayden!
"IT'S YOUR FIRST DAY AT COLLINGWOOD HIGH! WHY WOULDN'T I GET MY LITTLE SIS TO WAKE UP BRIGHT AND EARLY FOR HER BIG DAY? TYLER'S GONNA BE THERE TOO" He's still yelling in my face.

Kill me now.

Wait.
Back up the truck for a second.
First day?
Collingwood?
Tyler?
What?
I stare at him blankly. "Ugh do I have to explain this again?" He asks. I nod. "We moved here so you and I can start fresh. Away from all the drama and..." He trails off.
"Just shut up and get out of my room. Make me a sandwich please. Extra Nutella."
"Jee, yes your highness. Anything else you would like princess?"
I slap him in the arm and trudge out of bed to push him out of my room.

Thank god he's gone.

Okay. New day. New school. New look.
Hmm.. Preppy school girl?
Nah.
Emo rocker chick?
Perhaps not..
A walking selfie snapper?
Yeah okay no.
I settle with my gray hoodie and some skinny jeans. With my converse of course. I shove my hair up in a high ponytail, and for once, I ditch my make-up. Hopefully I won't get judged today, for actually being myself. At my old school, if I didn't wear make-up, apparently I was a homeless try-hard. Great name, right? Quite original.
I almost run downstairs to the food that's waiting for me.
"Oi Zara, breakfast is served and your lunch is packed. Do you want me to stay with you at school today or are you a big girl now?"
"Oh no big bro, I'm still five and I forgot how to walk." I act as I scoff down my pancakes and syrup.
"Hah," he jerks, "Good luck getting friends with that attitude."
"Shut up. I'm ready now. Let's go."
"I'm not though," He starts. Then he looks at me, a grin starting to form on his face.
"What now, Jay?" I say, almost out the door.
"What if you meet any... Boys?"
"What if?"
"Who's gonna be there to protect you if you don't want your big bro to save the day, huh?"
Hah. Him? Save the day? Yeah right.
"I'll have my friends. Which I'll make quite easily. Unlike you."
"Okay! That's enough! You're going dooowwnn!!" He runs up to me and attempts to tackle me to floor. Too bad there's a closed door behind me as I move out of the way.
"Owwwww. You suck man."
"That's what little sisters are for," I smile and wink at him. "Let's go."
He stands up and punches me as he walks out. "Get your damn ass in the car before I punch you harder."