Chapter 20

"Dad. I'm going to pass out up there, I'm so nervous." I said, fixing my hair for the billionth time.

"Calm down, Mitch. Everything is going to be ok. This is the best day of your life. You're about to spend the rest of your life with your best friend." Mike calmly said to me.

I let a shaky breath out and tightened my bow tie, making sure I didn't look like a mess.

"It's going to be fine, son." Mike wrapped his arm around my shoulder reassuringly.

I smiled up at him and took a deep breath.

It's go time.

Mike opened the doors to outside. Everyone looked over and smiled, cameras ready. My dad lead me down the aisle, tears already clouding my vision. As we got to the outside altar, Scott was grinning at me. Mike patted me on the back and went to sit down next to my mom, who already had tears streaming down her face.

Scott grabbed my hand and lead me to face him, holding both of my hands tightly. Kevin was so great enough to let his dad officiant our wedding, speaking of Kevin, him, Avi, Kirstie, and Jeremy were sitting in the front row with huge smiles on their faces.

"We have been invited here today to witness and celebrate the uniting in marriage of Mitchell and Scott." Kevin father began, smiling at the both of us.

"They are taking the first step of their new beginning; their new life together. The ability and desire for one human being to love another is perhaps the most precious and fulfilling gift that has been entrusted to us." I saw Scott's eyes fill with tears, and mine did more because of it.

"It is an all-consuming task, a lifelong endeavor - the journey we've been preparing for all of our lives. Loving someone is a reason to stretch beyond our limits, to become more for the sake of the other. It is to look into the soul of your beloved and accept what you see. Loving is the ultimate commitment which challenges humans to become all that we are meant to be."

"As they join in marriage today, these 2 men are announcing to the world that they are welcoming that challenge." My heart started to beat faster as I knew this was the start of something amazing.

The ceremony went on, my heart beating faster after everything Mr. Olusola said. And, now it was time for vows.

"Mitchell, your vows please." Kevin's father said, gesturing me to go ahead.

I cleared my throat and stared up at Scott, hopefully I don't mess up.

"My vows are actually part of a song. A One Direction song, to be exact." I said into the microphone from Kevin's father, the audience laughing.

Scott smiled and held my hands tighter.

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me, but bear this mind it was meant to be.  And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me." I spoke, trying so hard not to cry, but my voice cracking on the few words. Scott smiled and a tear went down his face.

"You never love yourself half as much as I love you. You'll never treat yourself right darling but I want you to. If I let you know, I'm here for you, maybe you'll love yourself like I love you." I let the tears fall and Scott did the same, everyone in the audience break into cries.

"Scott, your vows please." Mr. Olusola said, smiling at us.

"Well, I didn't know what to write. There were too many things I've already said to you. So I took to Twitter and asked people what I should vow to you as your husband." Scott explained, sniffling and taking his phone out.