Chapter Four

Fallon
In the fuzzy golden light of the early morning, I wake up in my motel bed. I like starting my days bright in early. I think it's a habit I took from when living with Donnell when I tried to avoid him.

Since I'm working with a little money, this is the only hotel right outside of Atlanta that I could find for cheap. I took three coach buses from Long Island, New York to Atlanta which cost me almost $150! This motel is costing me $50 a night and it's so gross.

I found a roach in the tub on the first night. Since then, I've been very cautious about what I do in this place. I brush and shower before quickly heading down the road to the local public library.

I've been successful at changing my name and such, but I'm still cautious. I threw away my old cellphone back in a DC fast food restroom and bought a new one as soon as I got to Atlanta. I knew Donnell had a tracking device in that thing.

I go online at the library and continue my search for a low key job. Waitressing is a no because who knows who I'll see. Teacher, no. Secretary, no. Nanny? Hm. Says here that it's a live in job.

I wouldn't mind that. Pays $500 a week and Sundays are off. This seems perfect. I fill out the application and attach my fake resume to it before hitting send. I spend the rest of my day in the library reading and on the computers.

Since money is tight, I only spend it on what's absolutely necessary. I spend no more than $10 a day on breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Even though I don't get full off of the fast food, I know it will be enough for me to survive. No shopping for clothes. Laundry is done by hand in the motel sink.

The library closes on me at 6pm. The librarian kicks me out as usual. The part of town that I'm in is pretty rural. Dirt roads. Cows grazing. It's pretty much what I need now to heal. The downside is that there's not really much to do.

I head to the local grocery store for my dinner. Ramen, bag of chips, and water. The chips is a treat. With Donnel, I've never had the chance to make any close friendships with anyone else. Not even with the wives of the other football players on his team.

Every moment, I'm prepared for Donnell's huge and muscular self to slam the door open and pounce on me.

Michael
The young stripper shakes her big aśs in my face to the beat of "Liquor" by Chris Brown. I really didn't feel like coming but my boys forced me to come.

"You need to get out of that damn office and have some fun." Jared tells me.

She turns around and sits on my lap. This girl can not be any more than 21. She's very pretty though. She looks me right in my eyes for a couple seconds before stating,

"You have some very pretty eyes."

I get that almost all the time.

"Thank you." I yell above the loud music.

She proceeds to grind on me and dance to the music. By the end of it, I pay her $100 and send her off. My boys are obviously having more fun than me because they're really into it. I need to go home. It's 10:30pm.

I stand up to tell my friends that I'm leaving.

"Already?," Ken asks as he stares at the stripper while she removes her bra,"We just got here."

"You guys can stay. I need to go home and sleep." I say.

"Okay, okay, grandpa. See you tomorrow in the office." He says with a wave of a hand.

I walk out of the club and make my way to my BMW. Two years ago, I would've been home. Probably in bed with my wife and stress free. I hope in my car and quickly drive away so that I can get home.

Tomorrow is my interview with the nanny candidate and I'm hoping that she's the one.