Chapter 14: Last Say

Start from the beginning

It's about five minutes later when the doorbell rings. I sigh and decide to open it, in spite of it not even being my house. I groan when I see his face. He does the exact same thing in response. "How did you get here so fast?" I question, "Troy literally just called you." I point out.

"None of zie business of yours Split Ends." He scoffs before pushing me aside and entering. He turns back and offers me a look of repulse, "I see that zie hair is still such a disaster after all zies time. Zit shows zat you're zie hopeless case."

No greeting or 'welcome back'...that's cool.

"You don't have many fans, do you?" Ryan asks mockingly, a grin edging it's way onto his face. He just loves pissing me off. At least he's a quick learner.

Ignoring Ryan, I raise a brow at Ramos - unimpressed, yet at the same time, unfazed by his poor insults (he'll have to do a lot better if he wants a reaction), "I swear you just talk like that for attention." I point out, well aware of the fact. I've let it slide for this long, but today I'm feeling extra mean.

Ramos, taken aback and caught off guard by my skeptical side, merely sticks his tongue out at me like an immature brat before chasing after Troy for protection. It's then that Troy informs me that Ramos lives just down the street, hence him getting here so quickly. Those two are literally inseparable.

"Now let's style zie hair to perfection!" Ramos claps his hands giddily, ecstatic, before getting to work on Troy's perfectly quaffed hair.

Max coughs in jealousy, glowering at the two of them, "Losers."

I swat Max across the chest, "Why so jelly? I'm your best friend, you don't need Troy. Troy has Ramos."

Max grits his teeth in aggravation, "That damn Ramos. I'll end him." Max and Troy are close, but Troy and Ramos are even closer.

I grin at Max in glee, "Whatever then, I'm out." I tell him before saluting Troy goodbye, "Try not to mess up on your date."

"She better not mess up," Troy replies back cockily, "I'm the world's finest catch."

"Zies is true." Ramos pipes up, obviously siding with Troy.

"Yeah right." Nancy scoffs at Troy's audacity and arrogance.

"Don't do this, Aqueela. I'm warning you. Your country needs you, Jay doesn't - not yet." Max tries to sway me out of it, but I'm not having it. I will speak to Jay and clear the air for good, no matter what. No one will stop me.

"My country can wait." I murmur, unconcerned at Max's dramatic antics. It's all in a vain attempt to get me to stay. I grab my bag and head for the door, ignoring Max's lively protests. Jay has waited long enough. Screw my country!

"Good riddance. I hope you get lost and can't find zie way back here." Ramos offers me a wave, a wave that means nothing because his insulting words take the cake.

"Don't joke. That's happened before." Max tells Ramos off, "We spent hours looking for her. Aqueela's so bad at directions, I wouldn't be surprised if she got stranded on an island, or landed up in the bottom of the ocean, or deserted in a desert land." He over-exaggerates.

"As long as she drowns down der in da ocean, den I'll be zie perfectly fine." Ramos sends me a look filled with seething hatred. Feeling is mutual buddy. I'm tempted to flip him off, but then I'd be stooping down to Grey's level. That's shameful.

I ignore all of them and step out the front door, shutting it after me after first hearing Ryan's playful goodbye, "Later pipsqueak."

*~*~*~**~*~*~*