Chapter 14: Last Say

Beginne am Anfang

Troy saw another hairdresser the other day because Ramos called in sick for the first time ever. Since then, Troy's been going on about how awful and 'out of place' his hair has been looking. He even wore a hat to cover up his hair for three days straight, in spite of his hair still looking exactly the same as always - perfect. He's delusional and seems to favor Ramos as if Ramos himself is a cut above the rest.

Just today, Troy has asked me about a billion times if I can see what the new hairdresser did wrong. I've said 'no' about a billion times back before he finally showed me the single strand of hair sticking up in the wrong direction. You'd need a microscope to see it - nevertheless, Troy wants to sue.

"How the hell...?" Max asks, just as lost as me. 

How on earth did Troy score a date? How can any girl possibly want to put up with him? He's just too much for the taking. I'll pass. Poor girl - just wait until she sees that there's nothing more to Troy than his dominant looks.

"Don't ask me. I don't always have all the answers." I cringe at the thought of going out with Troy. He must be paying the girl so much cash. She must be bathing in money to agree to date with Troy. "I can't wrap my mind around it either." I admit.

"Do you think she's real?" Max asks, sheepish but genuinely curious to know the answer. Knowing Troy, it's actually a valid question.

I grab a cheese puff and stuff it into my mouth before glancing at Max, "You talking to meh?" I ask him in attitude before swallowing and quickly breaking out into a small smile, "Are you trying to imply that he's going on a date with a doll, or an imaginary friend or something? Or are you saying that she doesn't exist?" I stifle a laugh at hearing Max's absurd, yet accurate theory.

"All of that would be more likely than a real female going anywhere with him, especially if it's on a date." Max defends himself and his accusations against Troy, "You think he's blackmailing her?" His eyes widen as he ponders over all his assumptions, "You think he's forcing her against her will?" He openly gasps in shock when another thought occurs to him, "Do you think he kidnapped her?"

He's really just jumping the gun now...

Nancy, beyond annoyed, joins in on the conversation as well, "He's been begging me to set him up with one of my friends for weeks. I was reluctant at first because I didn't want any of my friends to have to go through the worst date in history - but damn, Troy sure knows how to wear a girl down. He just doesn't take 'no' for an answer. It's exhausting. I just caved in this time and set him up with a model, Jezel, my friend I dislike the most."

I don't have any friends I dislike, well the exception being Blubber. No, but really, I love all my friends. I wouldn't allow any of my friends to date Troy, it's just cruel and merciless. Troy is a flesh devouring El Chupacabra. Once you have him, you can't get rid of him. He sinks his teeth in. You got to stay vigilant when around him. He's unpredictable and can pounce at any given second. It's dangerous grounds to tread upon. Whoever she is, she's one brave girl. Props to Jezel for taking Troy on. I wouldn't manage the 'Troy Sanctuary' - too many wild animals running loose.

"One question Nancy, does she have the figure of a shell of a peanut?" Troy asks after finishing his pointless conversation, over the phone, with Ramos. "It's a deal breaker if she doesn't." He has high, yet weird expectations.

Nancy rolls her eyes at him, failing to hide her immense irritation in the moment, "Just be grateful that someone is actually willing to go out with you." She blatantly insults him.

"So cold Babe." Ryan chuckles at Troy's expense before he goes back to 'watsapping' his buddies that none of us ever get to see. He's already bought a new phone. There's no proof that he even has friends. They probably don't even exist. It's probably just an act.