✔ Prologue: "My story started about five years ago"

Present day

Liv

My phone rang endlessly, my alarm going off for 7am. I opened my eyes slowly and reached over to the pillow next to me to pick my phone up and turn off that cursed alarm.

Today was a big day for me. I was going to sit through my first ever international interview about my book that had become such a hit, I'd basically been living off the money it got me for nearly two years straight.

My phone vibrated in my hand. A text message from my love, Justin: 'knock em dead with ur gorgeous smile today, baby. I'll find a way to catch ur interview (; see u later. Love u lots- Jay Bear'

I smiled to myself and reread the message.

Justin and I had come a long way and I loved each and every memory we made together.

My phone rang and I closed my heavy eyes as I answered.

"Hello?" I said in my sleepy voice.

"O-li-vi-yaaaaaa!" I knew that messed up singing voice very well.

A smile spread across my face and I giggled.

"Jocelyn, isn't it too late in the day for all of this." I said.

"I know, but this call is worth it."

"Yeah, well I've got jet-lag."

"The life of the rich and famous." She sighed.

"What do you want, Jocelyn." I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"To wish you well for your interview. They got a link up on their twitter page so I'll be watching it as it happens. I can't wait!"

"I'm nervous." I admitted.

"I would be too if the world was gonna be watching me go on about my boyfriend but I'm sure it'll be alright. You just... keep smiling like you always do."

"What's with people and my smile?"

"You're always smiling. Even when you're mad and I'm not even exaggerating."

"When I'm mad, it's a humorous smile, like 'how on earth could one be so stupid?'."

"A smile is a smile. Even when it's creepy looking because you're angry and it looks like you're finna stab someone, it's still a smile." Jocelyn sang.

I chuckled.

"Well, I'll be smiling hard today then cause I'm nervous and I have a long day."

"Ooh, bae's first international concert in centuries." Jocelyn squealed.

"I can't wait." I smiled. "I haven't seen him on stage since I was a teenager."

"Hopefully he still has the moves."

"Oh, he does. I went to watch him rehearse once... damn!"

"And you did not combust?"

"Been seeing him grind those hips for years, girl. It's nothing new." I grinned.

I heard Jocelyn smack her lips.

"I'm starting to hate the single life. Ask Justin if any of his friends are single."

I giggled.

"I will."

There was a knock on the door.