Chapter 11

The next three days was spent getting lost in the Twolegplace. It took a long time, while the cats asked kittypets for help Fallowflower picked a fight with them. Stormfire's belly rumbled loudly. She looked around hoping to see prey.

Suddenly Stormfire spotted a rabbit. Cloudpelt's eyes lit up with joy as he jumped the Twoleg barrier surrounding the Twoleg Den. Stormfire jumped onto the barrier. Cloudpelt closed in on the rabbits den.
Why are the rabbits in that den?

Stormfire watched Cloudpelt claw at the rabbit den ripping it open. He reached inside ready to scoop up the the furry black and white shapes.

"No!" A cat screeched.

Stormfire saw a flash of brown fur then Cloudpelt was knocked over. Stormfire instinctively joined on ripping the brown cat off Cloudpelt and pinning the cat down. Stormfire could see it was a Tom, eight moons old at most with wide Amber eyes.

"Ow! That hurts!" The brown cat complained. "Let me go!"

"No," Stormfire answered firmly. "You can't stop us from hunting,"

The brown Tom's eyes widened in terror. "No! It's not that! You just can't hunt that rabbit!"

"Why not?" Fallowflower spat joining them.

"Because it's an House Pet!" The brown Tom answered.

"House pet?" Hazelberry asked quizzically.

"Yeah," The Tom responded. "Twolegs keep pets to play with. They'll be furious if you kill their rabbits! If the Twolegs find you they'll hurt you. If not then they'll think it's the cats next door and we'll get hurt,"

Fallowflower snorted. "We should we care about kittypets?"

"Can you let me go now?" The cat asked.

"Wait," Mousewing meowed. "What's your name?"

"Twig," the little Tom answered. "Who are you?"

"My name is Cloudpelt," Cloudpelt answered. "These are Hazelberry, Fallowflower, Mousewing and Stormfire,"

"Are those clan cat named?" Twig asked his eyes wide. "I don't like Shadowclan,"

Stormfire bristled leaning close. "Is that so?" She felt suddenly amused. "I happen to be from Shadowclan. So is Mousewing,"

Twig's eyes widened in terror. "I..."

Stormfire laughed letting Twig go. The brown kittypet took off.

"What about the rabbits?" Cloudpelt asked.

"Let's leave them," Hazelberry answered.

Cloudpelt looked at her in dismay but said nothing. Once again the cats headed off.