Chapter 8

The demon lord made his way over to the growing village. with his guidance ,over his newly extended kingdom  the villages sizes increased. famine and disease were at an all time low.

It almost made him want to smile. Almost.

He was now a greater ruler than his father. He was able to finally knock out the east and north and join with the south lands. Something his father couldn't accomplish, while he held the reins over the western lands.

Kouga soon took power over the south lands and and was dubbed The Lord of the south. Then he joined kingdoms with the west , making a unbreakable treaty.

The demon lord favored his young wards village , mostly because of his ward ,that he adopted soon after  naraku was defeated.

Having conversations with the old woman wasn't distasteful either. He quite enjoyed having  talks  with the calm and collected woman. He usually had to settle for talking to someone like jaken when he got bored.

The village was visible in front of him through the holes in the tree line. He was admiring the cool weather when he picked up on two voices , apparently one elder trying to teach the younger a song.

He listened out of boredom.

" now what's the next part"the elder of the two asked.

" the chorus duh " came a short answer.

"Errr , wrong  I'm sorry you had to answer that one to win the whole game show miss , now bye bye "
The eldest said.

He was merely curious when he gracefully and stealthily hopped into the tree above them. He saw it was the priestess talking to her pup , she was holding a flower up to her mouth , with a fake smile on her face.

The child protested after a few laughs.

" we're not on a game show mama !"
She said with a goofy smile and pulled the flower  from her laughing mothers hand.

The child suddenly went stiff. As did he when she lifted her small nose to the wind , after it suddenly changed directions.

"Yumi what is it" the priestess' voice was suddenly serious.

Sesshomaru suddenly felt a tingling and pricking as she unleashed her holy aura , over his lands.

To his surprise the child opened her eyes (after she had closed them while sniffing the air) and she pointed to his tree , exactly where he was.

' is she not human ? How can she smell me , is she demon?'
Sesshomarus thoughts were clouding up his mind until he heard a smooth voice offer up a threat.

" emerge demon ,from your hiding and I might spare your life"her voice was guarded and controlled.

He actually granted her wish and leapt from the branches of the tree. When his  feet touched ground ,he immediately approached the child.

But before he could get any closer the priestess side stepped and stood before the girl.

He gave her a skeptical look. He started questioning her.

"Is she your real pup miko"

"She is "

"Is she a human or demon?"

"Human of course " came her quick reply.

It was to quick if you asked him.

To wrapped up in the situation they were in , made them fail to notice the large shadow crawling it's way across the field. It slowly made it's way to their feet then it thickened and stood hunched over them.

Only when something blocked out the sun did they stop their tense questioning. Yumi was the first to speak.

"Mama! A Demon"yumi screamed.

Kagome grunted and whipped around to face it , only to be to slow. With it's giant hands
It knocked the miko across the field and sent her flying into a large boulder.

After he thought he heard a sickening crack, he went to summon his poison whip , when an arrow surrounded in a pink light,  shot by his head.  The arrow wizzed through the air and with a thud embedded it's self in the demons hard skin.

The taiyoukai looked back and saw the miko strap the bow onto her back and start walking towards her child.

He examined her carefully trying to convince himself he did see her get chucked through the air and hit a boulder.

But she looked unscathed , then he noticed her step falter and a pained expression cross her face as she took a step.

Her child scurried to her side and started to frantically look her over.

"Mother are you okay ? Are you hurt ?"her frantic questions held great care.

' if cares that much about the miko , then she's really born from her. ' the child was the woman's. She was not adopted.

The priestess smiled and ruffled yumis hair , then spoke.

"I assure you I am fine , just a few scratches "

Her legs suddenly buckled and she fell.
Well she would have if the demon lord hadn't have caught her like he did.

"You need rest priestess " his voice was a familiar deep baritone  to her and memories came rushing back.

She pushed them away ,to the recesses of her mind. She nodded and slowly stabled herself and trudged back.

In his peripheral vision he saw a quick flash of silver. He turned to locate it's source but only the child's black hair was to be seen.

His attention was brought back to the priestess as he heard her murmur words under her breath.

He picked the words with his demonic hearing and was puzzled as to what they meant.

"Concentrate , don't make a slip up like that again. !"

Wanting to know more, he bent down And tapped her shoulder.

She turned surprised , then he spoke.

"Would you kindly meet me by the well at sunset , I have questions"
With that he strode away gracefully.

He gave a backwards glance without looking at her , when he heard her response.

" s-sure"