Chapter Four

"I wish that I could wake up with amnesia and forget about the stupid little things"

I woke up to the sound of hospital machines, a sound I know all too well. I opened my eyes to find I was right, I was in a hospital room laying on the bed. I looked around to find two faces looking into the room. It was Tyler and my mother. They came rushing into the room looking very worried.
"Oh Asher you scared me" my mother said hugging me tightly.
"What happened?" I asked softly realising how weak my voice was.
"You had an anxiety attack you've been here for a couple hours" Tyler said looking at me worriedly. I instantly thought of Sophie and what she said, I swallowed the lump that was in my throat and tried thinking of something else.
Tyler and Mum left the room to go sign me out and everything after the nurse detached my drip and everything. I was gathering up my things when Charlie came into my room.
"Hey Asher are you okay?" He asked sweetly, he was like a different Charlie this one was sweet and kind and not flirty at all... He was genuine.
"Yeah I'm okay it happens to me sometimes, Thankyou for helping me" I said giving him a sweet smile.
"I just don't like how those girls treat people, Sophie had no right to say what she said! And Kai just doesn't have the balls to stand up to her" Charlie said sitting on the hospital bed.
"What's the deal with them?" I asked sitting next to him.
"What between Sophie and Kai?.... Who knows they've been on and off for the past year but to be honest I don't know why he goes there she's a bitch and not even looks can cover that up" he said laughing at himself. I don't know why I'm getting jealous over this I mean Kai isn't even mine were just friends.... Oh crap I think I've got a bad case of feelings.
"Well I better get going" Charlie said getting up.
"Yeah me too" I added laughing.
"Two times in one day that's a record" I said making Charlie laugh.
"Thankyou Charlie" I said and he just replied by giving me a hug. His hugs were so warm and comfy.
"You're apart of our family now and in our family we look out for each other" he said sweetly before ending the hug.
--------------
We arrived home and I went straight up to my room and got changed into an oversized Santa Cruz shirt and my black spandex shorts. I wandered into Cory's room because I needed cuddles from my little man as Tyler was out with the boys. I walked into his room to find him watching divergent on his TV. He looked at me and opened his arms know exactly what I needed. I cuddled into Cory who is two years younger than me but already he's like s foot taller than me. Cory didn't say anything we just laid there watching the movie. This is what I love about Cory he knows when to ask questions and when a hug is better than a thousand words.
I woke up in Cory's bed but he wasn't there. I heard noise downstairs and decided to wonder down as the boys are probably all down there. I knew I looked like shit but after this morning I don't even care what I look like in front of them.
"She lives" carter yelled as I walked into the lounge room where they all were.
"Don't go running away again, I think two trips to the hospital in one day is enough" Brax said making us all laugh. I sat down on the couch next to Charlie and noticed Kai wasn't there.
"The boys cracked it at Kai that's why he's not here" Charlie said as if reading my mind. It felt good knowing that they all looked out for me, I lost one brother but I've gained seven, although no body can fill the whole Dad and Jett left in my heart these people are helping me to numb the pain.
The adults arrived home at about 6pm with a heap of pizza for everyone. Koda came straight up to me and hugged me making a fuss over what happened and making sure I was okay.
"It's alright Aunt Koda I'm okay" I said trying to settle her down.
"You Marshall's you're always getting into trouble" she said jokingly making us both laugh. I looked down to see four year old Maya tugging at my shirt. I lifted her up and she wrapped her arms around me hugging me.
"Are you all better now?" She asked looking at me with concerned eyes. I gave her a big hug this girl is precious.
"I'm all fixed now" I said giving her a smile. I put her down and she ran over to the boys and jumped on Ridah.
"They're such a good group of kids" aunt Koda said coming up to me.
"They sure are great friends to me" I said smiling at the boys who were all stuffing their faces with pizza.
"I hope you're like it here sweetie we all love you dearly" Koda gave me one last hug before joining mum and uncle Brent.
I walked back over to the guys and sat on a bean bag on the ground. Maya decided to join me and cuddled into me and together we just say there and watched the TV. I heard a camera go off and turned to see the boys all taking photos of us.
"What are you lot doing?" I asked hiding my face.
"It's such a precious moment we had to capture it" Nate said laughing. I smiled at the boys and their logic.
It was getting late and the guys all went home and we all headed off to bed. I climbed into bed and felt really tired until I heard something tapping on my window. I hesitantly got up and walked over to the window and opened it looking down to see the one and only Kai.
"Asher can I come up please?" He said with pleading eyes.
"I don't really want to talk to you Kai" I said honesty trying to avoid him.
He looked at me with a frown on his face that looked so adorable... No stop Asher you can't go there. I turned around to go back to my bed and before I knew it he had climbed up the tree and into my room. I looked at him how perfect he looked in his denim shorts and White tshirt, how his toned abs were visible through the thin material and how his arms tensed as he leaned against the window sill. I tried to shake it off but I couldn't help looking at him.
"Asher I'm really sorry" he said softly.
"Sorry is just a word" I said bitterly looking away from him.
"Please just let me explain" he said grabbing my hand and pulling my close to him. My whole body tingled with his touch and I looked up at his beautiful blue eyes drowning in them like the ocean.
"You have one chance to explain" I said softly. I watched as he took a deep breath and nervously rubbed the back of his neck.
"Okay look firstly I want you to know that Sophie isn't my girlfriend, she's my weird ex that won't leave me alone! She honestly means nothing to me she's a horrible person and I know that but I'm just too much of a soft cock to do anything about it! Today when her and her friends started saying shit I couldn't say anything to her i don't know why I just froze and I'm so sorry for that. I understand if you hate me now but I just need you to know that I care so much about you" he said putting his hands on my waist and pulling me closely to him.
"After the boys rushed you to hospital and had a crack at me I was so upset with myself and so angry at Sophie, I went to her place and finally stood up to her I told her I don't want anything to do with her ever again, I know it doesn't fix what happened but I just hope you can one day forgive me... I just want my bestie back" he said sweetly holding me just inches away from him. I felt my walls begin to break down, I can't stay mad at him although didn't handle the situation well at the time I know he didn't mean to hurt me. I didn't reply with words I just wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him. He tensed up in shock but them relaxed and wrapped his strong arms around my body putting his head into my neck.
We just stood there for a couple minutes holding each other. I finally broke the hug and pulled away feeling a couple stray tears drop from my eyes. Kai noticed and wiped them away with his thumb.
"Chin up princess your tiara is slipping" he said sweetly tilting my head up with his hand.
"You're so beautiful Ash no ones worth your tears... Not even me" Kai said looking down feeling ashamed of himself.
I gave him a half smile and lightly punched his arm, he responded my pretending it actually hurt. I laughed at how childish he was and sniffled up the remaining tears.
"Are we besties again?" He asked giving me puppy dog eyes,
"We never stopped being besties" I replied giving him a big smile.