Chapter 3 - I kissed a girl and I liked it.

Start from the beginning

I unlocked my macbook to check my emails and saw that I'd gotten one from the queen bitch herself. She was telling me that she'd be going to Paris this evening for fashion week and left a detailed list of things that I needed to take care of while she was away. Things that included: talking to publishers, hosting a campaign party and interviewing future models.

"What are you grinning about?" Sophie had helped herself to breakfast and sat beside me. I hadn't realized that I was still grinning about my starbucks situation. It was only then I'd noticed what Sophie was wearing.

"Where the hell did you get that shirt?" I pointed to the 'No guts, No glory' t-shirt that she was wearing. "In fact, don't answer that. Just change please, and thank you."

She raised a brow, before yanking the shirt over her shoulders and continuing her breakfast. "What's so important?"

I grabbed the shirt and walked past her, tossing it into the bedroom. "Someone gave it to me."

She grinned, "Was it Ben?"

My chest ached at the question. What the hell was I doing? I was sitting here obsessing over a shirt that Ben's sister gave me, after seeing me shirtless-and basically massaging my breasts downtown.

"No...It his sister loaned it to me. I told her I'd wash it and return it." It wasn't really a lie.

"Hmm." Sophie sat thoughtfully on the other side of the table. Her upper half was covered by a lace bra, and her chest heaved with every breath she took.

"So how is Benjamin?"

"He's okay...He was actually supposed to come with us to the club last night, but got caught up with work. His piece of shit job is so demanding." I was starting to sound like Sean.

"So he finally let you meet the family?"

"Well to my knowledge, his sister is all he has in terms of family." I said, sipping the coffee. I loved the feel of the hot liquid running down my throat, making me tingle with warmth.

"Do they look alike?" she asked from across the table. "Brothers and sisters tend to have similar features."

I rolled my eyes. Sophie was obsessed with genes, and why people looked the way they looked, or did the things they did-but somehow I was the med student. I grabbed my iphone and went to facebook, searching through Ben's photos for a picture of Robin to no avail.

I tried a different search, "Robin Weste." And her name was second in the list. I clicked on it and motioned for Sophie to join me on the other side of the table. "This is Robin, his sister."

Something had flashed across Sophie's face as she stared at the photo. It was a picture of Robin in a 'Roots' hoodie, with her arm draped over some girl's shoulder. "This is the bartender from last night," Sophie yelled, as if we were playing some guessing game.

"What?" I didn't know Robin was a bartender. "We saw her last night?"

"I think she got us in the uber, I'm not sure. I remember there being some type of altercation in the club, and she walked us out. You two-" Sophie paused.

"What? What happened?"

"Nothing," she said finally. "Just let her know I said thanks for helping us out."

I nodded, uncertain. The bruise on my arm wasn't as red anymore, but I still needed answers. Apparently, Robin was the only person who could answer. Sophie stayed over for a bit more, and helped me make lunch. We made chicken Alfredo, and watched two episodes of The Blacklist before she left-saying she had some work to finish.

I couldn't recall seeing Robin last night, not even for a second. But I wanted to know what exactly happened at that club. After I made up my mind, I hopped into the shower. The warm water that ran over my skin was soothing, it relieved all the knots in my shoulders and back from whatever the fuck I was busy doing last night. I grabbed the bottle of shampoo and lathered my hair, once, twice then added conditioner.