Chapter 39

Crazy in Love by Sofia Karlberg 

August's POV

I never knew how much I missed Aliyah until she ran into my arms. After her being so cold and distance , holding her for what seems like the first time is better than I could ever imagine. I physically felt that something will happen between us again when she ran into my arms. I honestly don't blame her for being so distant or cold but fuck if it doesn't hurts.

"Are you okay babygirl?" I ask her softly

She shakes her head up and down and continued crying. I know she's not okay. Her mother probably said some shit to her that she shouldn't have. To be honest, I not at all surprised because something always happens between them. Can't say I am not it happened though. Not for hurting Liyah, but because Aliyah came running to me.

"Let's go back upstairs." I say thinking she was going to but she doesn't.

I pulled my jacket off as we got into the elevator to wrap to around her. It's cold in the elevator and even though it's wet it's still warmer than what she's wearing. I refrain myself from thinking about ripping the thin white fabric that was now see through because it's soaked and just taking her right here in the elevator, but I couldn't do that while she's like this even though I haven't had any in days.

"Thanks" She says softly, I also missed it. She sweeps her wet hair to the side before pulling on my jacket.

"Do you want to talk about?" I ask as the elevator door opens.

Surprising she nods and I unlock the door. My mom was sitting on the couch and when she heard the door close she turned around. The smile she was wearing quickly disappeared and worry spreads across her face when she see Liyah.

I shot her a warning, hoping she won't bombard Aliyah with questions. She strains her eyes off Aliyah to meet to pretend she didn't notice.

"Aliyah, what happen darling?" She asks calmly

"Mom we'll be in the room talking for a bit." I say before Aliyah could answer

I shot her glare before we started walking to our- my room. I know it's not out of pity but I know how Aliyah is and I just want to know what's going before she starts asking questions.

I stop at the thermostat to turn up the heat because I know she's freezing before going into the room. When I step into the room I see her sitting at the edge of the bed with her hair now in a bun. I didn't want to overstep my boundaries so I stood next to the door.

"Aug." She says her broken and drained.

I walk over to her standing in between her legs and suddenly memories of me breaking down came back because just a day ago she was in my position. I knew her mom did more than just throw insults at her because she never broke down like this before

"What did she do baby?" I ask

"Aug... please hold me." She says in a weak voice.