Chapter 35

{Unedited}

Aliyah's POV

"Mom let her go" August finally says 

"I am sorry honey, I am just so happy to finally meet the girl that changed my son for the better." She gushes. He hasn't changed much I thought.

"No, it's so okay. It's so nice to meet you Mrs. Alsina." I finally say and she nods with a smile.

"Call me Theresa honey." She says then it was my turn to nod.

"Mom can you excuse us for a minute, I really need to speak to Aliyah." August says in a raspy voice.

She nods walking over to August to get her bags and I follow behind him into his room.

"What the fuck August?" I say quietly

"I know alright. I couldn't tell her what I did." He says running his hands through his hair

"I see you moved back it." He said with little hope in his voice.

"No, I am only staying for a few days." 

"What am I suppose to do now?" I ask

"I don't know and I guess asking you to play along is off the table." He says with little hope and I glare at him.

"Okay damn. I need time to tell her." He sighed

"You being here was the last thing I thought would happen." He says with pain in his eyes but it quickly disappeared when he notice me looking at him. He's got so much easier to read.

"I didn't know you would be here, I thought you went to visit your mom."

"I was but I had bought two tickets a while back but I just cancelled them and let her come her" He says.

"Two tickets??... Nevermind" I sighed pulling my hair back into a high ponytail.

"Whats your reason for not telling her we aren't together anymore?" I ask him

"She was so excited when I told her about you, she was so happy. I just... I didn't want to disappoint her." He trails off.

I guess when everyone said he wasn't capable of having a real relationship, they were right. I don't want to ruin his time with his mother because I know he doesn't get to see her very often. I not doing this for August, I doing it for his mother.

"Okay. I'm letting you tell her when you're ready, but leave out some stuff." I sighed

"Seriously?" He asks and I nod

"Thank you. I really thought you would have told her about everything." He smile showing off his pearly whites.