Not A People Person

I sat in my room for what seemed like ages. I was completely bored. No, that was an understatement. I have read all of the books on my bookshelf more than once and I didn't have a cell phone. Most of my days had consisted of laying on my bed, daydreaming, or drawing on my small desk. I could only draw for so long, though, because I get very frustrated very quickly. In short, I was about ready to snap from boredom.
Dr. Fate had gone to the Justice League headquarters where they were going to decide my punishment. So if my boredom wasn't enough, it came with incurable suspense. A part of me wondered what more they could do to me. Seriously, isn't being locked in a tower enough without whatever else they plan on doing to me? Was my 'adventure' really enough to deserve this?
I looked at my door. It wasn't like they said I couldn't leave my room. My smart side said, 'Oh no you don't. Not another stupid idea.' The stupid side said, 'But I'm so bored.' I continued to debate whether or not to leave this place and look for a book that I'd never read. Probably lucky for me, there was a knock on the door. I already knew who it was.
"Fate, do you really need to knock?" He opened the door.
"Come with me," was all he said in reply.
"What no 'hi, how are you?' I guess I can always count on you to be friendly."
He ignored my comment and led me downstairs. Oh, joy.
"Are you going to inflict some kind of torture on me?"
Still nothing. What does it take to get a rise out of him? One laugh. That's all I wanted. Was that too much to ask?
He brought me downstairs. First I saw Superman and then I noticed Boy Wonder 'hiding' in the shadows. That must mean...yep, Batman, I thought.
"Oh, I knew it! This is some kind of torture!" I joked. No one laughed. "Tough room," I added. I slouched on the couch. I knew acting calm would most likely infuriate Batman, to which I have less than fond feelings of.
"Calista..." Fate warned.
"Calista, as you are aware, you disobeyed the League's orders. We have recently decided your punishment," Batman said. I resisted making a snarky remark. Truly, I have become more self-controlled.
"So what's the punishment? You can't make my life any worse."
"Your going to join a team. This team consists of the apprentices of some of the members of the League," Superman said.
My heart sank. It wasn't that I didn't like people. I just don't like being in the middle of a group who would likely judge me every time I did something wrong.
"I stand corrected. You can make my life more miserable."
"I'm gonna pretend I didn't hear that," Robin said. Great, he was on the team. My feelings of extreme dislike for Robin only exists because he is Batman's apprentice.
I made a very audible groan and asked unenthusiastically, "When do I start?"
"Tomorrow," Batman said. He said it with an air of finality. I was excused. I wanted to retort and say that I didn't need his permission to leave, but I didn't. Instead I went to my room with so many thoughts that I could be busy for a week.
I magically made a small tote appear out of thin air when i got back. Judging from what Batman said, I would not be coming back for a long time. I put a couple shirts and jeans in the bag. I looked at the outfit I had made when I left this place last time. It hung in my closet. I debated whether or not to wear it tomorrow. I decided with the first. I didn't want to look like the rookie I was.
I was nervous, which wasn't something that I was familiar with. When I had lived with my family, I had had many friends. But after three years of being the only teenager around, I felt as if I'd lost my touch. I was more used to adults than my peers.
I woke up the next day feeling as though half a dozen butterflies were fluttering in my stomach. I looked at my bedside table. There was a muffin and some orange juice on it. I ate it quietly.
After my breakfast, I dressed into the outfit that I wanted to wear. I put on the mask next. Then, I pulled my hair, gold streak and all, into a nice pony tail. There was a knock on the door.
"Come in," I said.
"Are you ready?" Dr. Fate asked.
"As I'll ever be," I responded, following
him out the door and down the stairs.

A/N- thanks for reading you guys. Sorry it's been so long. My laziness is in full swing.