Part 14. That was a close one

It was the day before Michelle and Steve's wedding and Carla went around to Nick's flat while Leanne took Simon to football. Of course, they did the usual and they talked about everything. Carla sat up against the headboard and played with Nick's short hair.
"We need to come clean, and pretty soon." Carla mentioned.
"I know we do." Nick said looking at Carla. He thought to himself how lucky he was to have her.
"It would have to be after the wedding. Doing it now or tomorrow will just make things awkward for Michelle's wedding. If we wait till tomorrow night after the wedding or the day after, we can tell them everything? Together?" Carla suggested. She did not want this to get in the way of Michelle's big day.
"Sounds good. Just think, we won't have to sneak around anymore. We could go get breakfast from Roy's, I could take you on a date, we could walk down the street holding hands and kiss in public." Nick smiled as he thought.
"I can't wait." Carla said leaning in and kissing him. Nick stroked her hair as he kissed her soft lips.
"Nick?" The pair heard out in the living room. They immediately stopped kissing each other as they realized who it was.
"Shit, it's Leanne!" Carla whispered. They both got out of bed and they shoved some clothes on.
"Quick, just find somewhere to hide." Nick said as he made the bed sheets look a little more tidy and less creased. Carla carried her shoes and rushed into Nick's wardrobe and closed the door quietly. Nick then walked out into the main part of his flat as Carla listened carefully.
"Hey, what are you doing back here so early?" Nick asked as he kissed Leanne's cheek.
"Football was canceled because of the rain so I took him to his mates and he's there for the night. Were you in bed?" Leanne asked, not suspecting that Nick was sleeping with someone else at all. She was completely clueless.
"Yeah, had a bit of a headache is all." Nick was rushing his words. "Hey I'll tell you what, why don't we have dinner in the Bistro?" Nick offered. Leanne smiled and liked the idea.
"Yeah sure. I'm supposed to be going to Michelle's hen night but I'm sure she won't mind me not going." Leanne replied.
"Tell you what, you go tell Michelle now as I clean up a little and I'll meet at the Bistro in 10 minutes?" Nick tried getting rid of her.
"Yeah sounds good. Don't be too long." Leanne said kissing him. Nick didn't feel right kissing her but he had to put on a show.
As Leanne shut the flat door behind her, Nick ran back into the bedroom and opened the door to the wardrobe. Carla was sitting on an empty suitcase in her bra and trousers. She looked at Nick as he opened the door and he laughed.
"It's not funny!" Carla said as she smiled. She stood up and walked into Nick's open arms and he placed his hands on her bare back. He leaned his head against hers as she rested her head on his chest. He kissed her head softly.
"We tell them tomorrow, after the wedding." Nick mumbled against her hair. Carla didn't say anything in return, she just hummed 'yes' tiredly as she felt like she could fall asleep in his arms. She lifted her head and looked up at Nick who was smiling at her.
"What?" She asked what he was so happy about.
"I'm just so lucky to have you in my arms right now." Nick said as his kissed her lips.
"I love you." Carla smiled.
"I love you too beautiful." He replied as he place his hands on the small of her back and kissed her once more.