Part 7. "She's not you"

Carla ran into Victoria Court and ran up the stairs. Nick quickly followed her and was catching up to her. "Carla please, it's me, Nick." Carla stopped at the word Nick and turned around to find him running up the stairs tiredly. Nick finally caught up to her and they were now facing one another. "Are you okay?" Nick asked, wiping away a tear from her cheek. Carla shook her head and she broke down. "Hey, hey. It's okay." She collapsed into tears and fell into his arms. She tucked her head into his chest and the scent of his cologne played with her nose as he wrapped his arms around her to let her know she's safe. She cried while holding him tight. She kept herself close to him. She knew she was safe with him. "Come on. Let me walk you back." Nick said comfortingly as he stroked her hair. Carla nodded, with her head still buried deep into his chest. He guided her up the stairs with one arm around her.

Nick took Carla's keys from her cold hands and unlocked the door to her flat. He helped her in and he sat her down on the sofa.
"Can you tell me what's happened?" Nick knew Peter was drunk again as he was disturbing them in the Bistro earlier that day. He assumed something awful happened because he's never seen her like this before. Except for one time, and that was a few weeks ago when her alcoholic husband put her into hospital.
"He tried hurting me Nick, he tried hitting me." Carla opened up to Nick as she looked him in the eyes. "He was drunk again. He lost custody of Simon today and he took it out on me. I've never seen him like that before." Carla was beginning to calm down, but talking about it was making her feel worse. Carla sobbed her heart out as Nick sat beside her.
"It's okay Carla, you're safe with me." Nick said as he hugged her and he kissed her forehead to let her know he really cares for her. She smiled against his shoulder as his lips pressed against her head. She calmed down pretty quickly knowing that Nick was there for her.
"Thank you Nick." She thanked. He stroked her hair and comforted her. She lifted her head and looked at his face up and down. She wanted to kiss those soft lips once more. She wanted to thank him properly, but she knew she couldn't. She couldn't take him to bed for his sake, not hers. She'd happily take him to bed behind Peter's back, but she didn't think Nick would be so horrible to do it to Leanne. After the pair stared into each other's eyes long enough for it to be a spelling competition, Carla quickly changed the subject. A subject she really didn't give a stuff about.
"So how are you and Leanne? You know you're getting married in 3 months or something right?" By this point Carla had run out of tears. So instead, she just faked a smile.
"You know, we're okay." Nick said uncertain and Carla wasn't convinced either.
"Okay? Why is everything alright between you two?" Carla felt uncomfortable asking questions about him and Leanne. Jealousy started to take over her, but she hid it pretty well.
"Well, she's an amazing person." Nick began. Carla's jealousy already began to make her feel sick. Sick of Leanne Tilsley.
"Speaking of which, won't she be wondering where you are?" Carla loved being with Nick however she hated being with him as a friend. She wanted more... "It's almost 6 in the evening. Won't she be calling you for dinner? Your curfew at 7 and bed time stories at 8?" Carla joked in her usual sarcastic tone, spending the last 30 minutes with Nick made her feel so much better. Nick laughed along with Carla and placed his arms on the back of the sofa.
"There is only one thing wrong with Leanne." Nick hinted.
"One thing? Only one thing? Well that's not so bad, I think I'd settle with one thing Nicholas." Carla replied. Nick's heart skipped a beat when the word Nicholas escaped from Carla's lips. "So what is it, this on thing?" Carla wondered.
"She's not you." Nick said as he leaned slightly closer to Carla. Carla was thrown by these words, but she loved it. She exhaled deeply as her eyes lit up and Nick stared into them. Carla couldn't take it anymore. The temptation was driving her mad. She removed the remaining space between them and kissed her lips against his. His arms immediately wrapped around her and his palms stretched across her back, her hands rested against his cheeks and found their way into his hair. Without breaking the kiss, Nick pulled Carla across the sofa until she was directly on top of him. Desperate for Carla's love, Nick's hands ran down Carla's back and found their way to the end of her top. He curled his fingers underneath it and pulled it up. Carla broke the kiss and helped him out. Nick looked down to see a topless Carla in front of him. Even though he'd seen her without a top on before, he definitely enjoyed it more this time. Continuing the kiss, Carla started untying his tie. She did it almost immediately and then grabbed the edges of his shirt and ripped the buttons open like there was no tomorrow. Carla pushed Nick's shirt over his shoulders and he leaned forward to take it off. Carla felt Nick's hands tickle her back as they found their way heading towards her trousers. Nick unbuttoned her trousers as quick as the speed of light and they both smiled between kisses. Nick laughed slightly as he felt Carla's hands escape from his hair and run down his bare chest. Once her hands reached his belt, she unclasped it and then his trousers. With the kiss still strong and powerful, Nick lifted Carla in his arms, her legs wrapped around his waist and he pushed her up against the wall. He pushed her hair behind her ears as he shuffled out of his trousers. Carla leaned her head back as Nick kissed her neck and collarbone, her hands grabbing the back of his hair. She then placed her lips by his ear. "Join me in the shower." She whispered in a seductive voice.
Nick laughed and smiled as his lips returned to hers. He carried her into the bathroom and the door shuts behind them.